Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Jamal Hameedi leaving Ford

Jamal Hameedi has tendered his resignation from Ford after 27 years.
Part of the big 3 including Dave Pericak & Raj Nair.

Big shoes to fill, these guys were instrumental in the revival of Ford Performance.

I am very skeptical with this Hackett guy in charge.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Jamal Hameedi leaving Ford

Not even hanging around to see how the Ranger Raptor sells, is it true he's heading over to join Jaguar Land Rover SVO?

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Maybe he was disgusted at Ford’s decision to can their entire passenger vehicle range, bar the Mustang and Focus Trend...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Not even hanging around to see how the Ranger Raptor sells, is it true he's heading over to join Jaguar Land Rover SVO?
Yes, that's where he is going, sorry forgot to put that in my post.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post

I am very skeptical with this Hackett guy in charge.
I can see where your coming from on that point....

Quote:
Unlike General Motors CEO Mary Barra, labelled a "car gal" for her 38 years in the business, Hackett has no experience in automobiles. He comes from thirty years of making furniture and most recently as interim athletic director at the University of Michigan.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 02-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
And yet Alan Mulally came from an aviation background and is hailed as the saviour of the brand.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

"Hackett has no experience in automobiles. He comes from thirty years of making furniture and most recently as interim athletic director at the University of Michigan."

Don't be too quick to dismiss him. Mr Hackett may be the medicine Ford needs. Management is required. His job will be to get the right people to do the jobs necessary to make Ford's vision a success. Sometimes people from outside can bring about better results, because often they can see the problems, where those in the game sometimes are blind to problems.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #8
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Gawd!!!

I didn't dismiss him, i just related to what Wretched stated and forgot to link to the article......

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/30/ford...ove-fatal.html

Old 02-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #9
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRXR6 View Post
"Hackett has no experience in automobiles. He comes from thirty years of making furniture and most recently as interim athletic director at the University of Michigan."

Don't be too quick to dismiss him. Mr Hackett may be the medicine Ford needs. Management is required. His job will be to get the right people to do the jobs necessary to make Ford's vision a success. Sometimes people from outside can bring about better results, because often they can see the problems, where those in the game sometimes are blind to problems.
Well written. True success comes not when the best people are chosen for the task but when the right person is there to manage them all.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2018, 09:50 PM   #10
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

I've worked for Ford for 20 years and never even heard of this dude. that's how much influence he's had.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:28 PM   #11
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

This doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the business.
Believe it or not, performance is one thing Ford will be spend money on.

This was just a great deal for him at the right time to go to the right place.
Not really about Ford, more about JLR and him personally.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #12
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Gawd!!!

I didn't dismiss him, i just related to what Wretched stated and forgot to link to the article......

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/30/ford...ove-fatal.html
Exactly, it was me jumping to conclusions around Hackett. Whilst I recognised Jamal's departure was long coming, I correlated it with the decision by Ford to remove a number of vehicles from their US lineup and just vented.

I understand that an exec doesn't need to have the industry experience to run the business in an effective and positive way. I admired the introduction and work that Alan Mullaly had done for Ford (coming from airlines).