Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Headlight globes and warranty

I was reading the brake light thead and it reminded me of headlight globes and warranty, and then thinking this deserves its own thread.

They are covered. I had 3 headlight globes replaced under warranty with the F6.
I was going to pay for it the first time but the head service lady said to the gentleman serving me that it’s free. The guy serving me actually replied to her ‘you sure’? In no uncertain terms she told him the facts and it’s free.

So if your beast is under warranty and the headlight globe blows just drive into your dealer and get them to fit a new one free of charge
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
stig_3754

Default Re: Headlight globes and warranty

Correct, and it applies to the rear lights as well. My old XR5 had a tail lamp globe replaced as well as a head lamp globe during it's warranty years.

Past Rides:
1997 EL Ford Fairmont 4A - Navy Blue
2006 BK Mazda 3 SP23 5A - Carbon Grey
2010 LV Ford Focus XR5 Turbo 6M - Frozen White
2013 LW Ford Focus ST 6M - Panther Black
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

That is correct.

Below is what is not covered under a New Ford warranty on all Australian Fords, and there is no mention of globes;

Maintenance costs and wear and tear items, since they do not arise from defects in factory materials or workmanship, are not covered by the Ford Vehicle Warranty.

The maintenance items, except where they are required as a result of defects in factory materials or workmanship, for which you may be required to pay include:

• engine tune-up
• maintenance servicing of emission control systems devices
• cleaning of the fuel system
• wheel balance and alignment
• adjustment of clutch or brakes
• removal of body rattles and squeaks and the general tightening up of components
• keypads where fitted
• replacement of items such as oil/fuel/air filters, emission control valves, spark plugs, wiper blades, engine and other belts, hoses and brake and clutch linings
• the addition of lubricants
• repair/replacement of trim and appearance items
• repair / replacement of paint damage, dents, scratches, chips and marks

Repair or replacement of tyres caused by:
• normal wear
• damage such as cuts, snags, bruises, bulges and impact breaks (from kerbs or potholes)
• damage caused by a puncture or tyre repair, or driver abuse, spinning (such as when stuck in mud or snow), improper mounting or dismounting.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

But then Ford may only replace the one globe with another standard globe, and not replace the other side which will probably blow soon.

I prefer fitting my own upgraded globes anyway, both sides at the same time.

The other reason I'd rather do it myself is so I know its all replaced back correctly and with no damage. Years ago the dealer replaced both headlight low beam globes during a service (strange, I remembered they were both working the previous night). Shortly after, I found the wire retainer (AU) all bent out of shape after I noticed one globe wasn't sitting flat in its recess. Then spent some time having to bend both retainers back into shape so they held the globe correctly and clipped closed.

I bet a young apprentice did that.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
The other reason I'd rather do it myself is so I know its all replaced back correctly and with no damage. Years ago the dealer replaced both headlight low beam globes during a service (strange, I remembered they were both working the previous night). Shortly after, I found the wire retainer (AU) all bent out of shape after I noticed one globe wasn't sitting flat in its recess. Then spent some time having to bend both retainers back into shape so they held the globe correctly and clipped closed.

I bet a young apprentice did that.
I totally agree... There are some things I'd rather do myself and some things I definitely won't allow them to do.

- I'll change my own wiper blades thanks for better quality ones at a quarter of the price.

- I don't want "Ford's famous" windscreen washer additive thanks... My windscreen reservoir is filled with the correct ratio of RainX

- I always tell them... DO NOT wash the car after the service as they normally do. I don't want some monkey using a dirty sponge he used on the last muddy car before mine and putting swirls and scratches over the Duco.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The service fella at my local dealer said they wash cars - just not black ones. He said we stopped washing black a long time ago, ‘it’s just not worth the headache’ he reckons. Smart move
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: