Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2016, 06:10 AM   #1
FPV6

Default Hello again long time no chat

Hi All

I'm back after a long time absents 3 years.

I had a FG F6 which I sold to make room for a Pajero still have the Pajero

Long time Mustang fan it happens I showed the chastity belt key holder (the wife) what a Mustang 71 was worth 5 years ago, and what there worth today. the wife permitted I get one so I did 2 weeks ago I bought this

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...psahlw6aco.png

Now after chatting to wife explaining the Falcon coming to an end, and a sob story on how I miss the F6. She says if the XR8 sprint can be an investment some day like the mustang lets get one, no surely we couldn't is she serious

Any way Unknown to me she places a few inquiries on car sales one dealer after another call me telling me fat chance they don't have one can't get one

A dealer in QLD tell me that they have one there taking offers on it so I offer recommended retail they so no and politest advise they will hold on to it I say ok

Anyway it seems I've bought one in Melbourne a white one yeah ha I've paid retail with tints I'm not complaining
Old 25-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Hello again long time no chat

Any more info on the Mach 1?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Any more info on the Mach 1?
Yeah 71 matching numbers with a 351 4V California car with full history
Old 25-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV6 View Post
Yeah 71 matching numbers with a 351 4V California car with full history
Looks nice. I was negotiating on a Pewter Boss 351 at one time a few years back.
Old 25-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
Brodes
Brodes

Quote:
Long time Mustang fan it happens I showed the chastity belt key holder (the wife) what a Mustang 71 was worth 5 years ago, and what there worth today. the wife permitted I get one so I did 2 weeks ago I bought this

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...psahlw6aco.png

Now after chatting to wife explaining the Falcon coming to an end, and a sob story on how I miss the F6. She says if the XR8 sprint can be an investment some day like the mustang lets get one, no surely we couldn't is she serious

Great to hear there are other wives out there with this mentallity. I'm fourtunate like you that my wife went with my suggestion of a FG2 XR6T to replace my EL XR8. Was urging us to get a newer safer family car, but was wise on the resale and needed fun-factor. She was the one doing most of the searching and organising too
Old 25-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #6
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodes View Post
Great to hear there are other wives out there with this mentallity. I'm fourtunate like you that my wife went with my suggestion of a FG2 XR6T to replace my EL XR8. Was urging us to get a newer safer family car, but was wise on the resale and needed fun-factor. She was the one doing most of the searching and organising too
It has seemed like there has been a lot of threads/posts about horrid GFs/wives/partners recently (many for good reason but not all). But it's always refreshing to hear that my wife isn't the only one in the world that respects what her man wants/likes etc and is willing to make sacrifices for my sanity and hobbies as much (sometimes more) as I try to.

Love the Mark I Stang, they are a great looking ride (I'd personally love an Eleanor replica). Will it become a club only car or a mothball investment? You just don't get too see them much, I respect guys who buy them to mothball but those of us without the cash miss out seeing them at shows etc.

And is the Sprint going to be the daily? Or an investment as well? It's amazing to see how quickly all the Sprints were snapped up. I wonder if stock weren't limited if they would have been less desirable or they would have just produced more for the demand?

Oh and one final thing, more pics when both are in your driveway?

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2016, 03:36 PM   #7
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

That is my favorite Mustang. One of those, 351C 4 speed Mach 1 or a Boss 351 would be a dream,
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Looks nice. I was negotiating on a Pewter Boss 351 at one time a few years back.
I was looking on and off for the past decade and half no one wanted a 71 72 73 the true Eleanor Last Boss 351 advertised was going at a 100k
Old 25-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #9
FPV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
That is my favorite Mustang. One of those, 351C 4 speed Mach 1 or a Boss 351 would be a dream,
for me to, a dream long time coming, and now to top if a XR8 sprint
Old 25-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #10
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
for me to, a dream long time coming, and now to top if a XR8 sprint
Glad you've been able to achieve your dream. And having your wife happy with the situation is a win all round.

I've been lucky enough to have a few classics of different makes. My first was a 70 Mach 1 M code.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #11
ZGM86

Love that Stang, those early 70's ones are definitely my favourite (probably because of how similar looking they are to XB coupes haha!). She's definitely a beast.
1978 TE Cortina GL wagon
1955 FJ Holden Special

Car History: 1974 ZG Fairlane 500, 1973 ZG Fairlane 500, 07 SY Territory TX, 1975 Ford F100, 2001 AU2 Falcon XR8 220, 2005 BA RTV, 1997 EL Falcon XR6, 1981 WB Holden pano, 1990 DA LTD, 1992 EB Falcon GLi wagon, 1984 XF Falcon GL wagon, 1976 TD Cortina XL wagon, 1974 TC Cortina XL sedan

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 02-06-2016 at 11:23 PM.
ZGM86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post