Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: EVEREST TREND WINS Drive COTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Maybe not german, but Landrover Disco is in that pricing ballpark, and it is probably a far better 4wd.
What does the top of the range Disco go for? I know 90k is touted for them but I see others for 110-115k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
You clearly misunderstood what I meant.

I meant that Ford are pricing it as though they built it in Germany.
Understood you exactly. A GL350 is about the $170k mark. So obviously about the same.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:54 PM   #32
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Gents the thread topic isn't 'what do we think of each other'. On topic please.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #33
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
What does the top of the range Disco go for? I know 90k is touted for them but I see others for 110-115k.

Understood you exactly. A GL350 is about the $170k mark. So obviously about the same.
You obviously just being ignorant http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/deta...12066922/?Cr=0

In seriousness though a Titanium Everest is 90+ on road with options. If you were interested you'd know there's Discovery's that do a better job on and off road than the Everest for the same price or less + being not built in Thailand. Throw in the Prado Kakadu and the Grand Cherokee Overland (powerhouse, COTY 4wd x3) and it's not an easy decision.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #34
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
What does the top of the range Disco go for?
You wouldnt be comparing top of the range models ... at the same price-point, it becomes a compromise as to what you want from the vehicle. The Disco has class-leading terrain response system and air suspension (if you want to offroad, they are major selling points), more power/torque, 3.5 tonne towing. The Everest I presume gets more gadgets?
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #35
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford said "building cars in Thailand they would be cheaper" pricing of Festiva, Focus, Ranger, Everest ,,proves otherwise. Do they really mean if built in Europe they would be more expensive???? than built in Thailand ??? Look at the new Pajero Sport, Exceed is $55k drive away, tows 3.1ton..most people wouldnt want more than that. Compare the Exceed to Tez Titanium,Tez can only tow 2.3 to 2.7 tonne depending on drive train.. its a very competitive market and Ford don't seem to be playing in it ????
Old 07-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #36
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SUV Sales so far 2015 : Audi Q5 3540, BMW 3375 X3/X4, Land Rover Sport 1443, Evoque 2009, Porsce Macan 1818, Cayennnes 1137, ...in mid size SUV class.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #37
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who would pay 90k plus for an Everest when the most expensive one online is 86k including onroads.
Lots of Everest titaniums for under 80k driveaway.
To get a disco 4 or Kakadu for under 80 you have to get a demo with several thousand on the clock.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
You wouldnt be comparing top of the range models ... at the same price-point, it becomes a compromise as to what you want from the vehicle. The Disco has class-leading terrain response system and air suspension (if you want to offroad, they are major selling points), more power/torque, 3.5 tonne towing. The Everest I presume gets more gadgets?
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the Everest have exactly the same terrain response system as the Land Rover. And by that I mean exactly the same system, as Land Rover developed it under Ford ownership and Ford use it too?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #39
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the Everest have exactly the same terrain response system as the Land Rover. And by that I mean exactly the same system, as Land Rover developed it under Ford ownership and Ford use it too?
Derived from an early iteration but not as complex or as capable as Landrover's system.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #40
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG50T View Post
ML not really a proper off roader. Disco and Prado yeah.

Quote:
Well I would compare. Is it worth the extra money? Do you need the the better specs. Base model Everest is under 60k so now were well under disco pricing.

At the end of the day the market will sort out the Everest pricing. Better of starting higher and dropping it then trying to increase the price.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #41
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Ford said "building cars in Thailand they would be cheaper" pricing of Festiva, Focus, Ranger, Everest ,,proves otherwise. Do they really mean if built in Europe they would be more expensive???? than built in Thailand ??? Look at the new Pajero Sport, Exceed is $55k drive away, tows 3.1ton..most people wouldnt want more than that. Compare the Exceed to Tez Titanium,Tez can only tow 2.3 to 2.7 tonne depending on drive train.. its a very competitive market and Ford don't seem to be playing in it ????
+1, Building cars in Thailand and selling them for the same price as Euro, US, Jap world prices, is nothing but profiteering. And yes I do hold a grudge against Thailand for stealing our manufacturing jobs, and a bigger grudge against the government that sold out Australia to the ladyboy nation.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #42
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I heard an ad on the radio this morning saying the Everest is the first Australian designed and engineered suv, or something along those lines.

Well hello, what the hell was the Territory?

For the world ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #43
tonys6550

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
+1, Building cars in Thailand and selling them for the same price as Euro, US, Jap world prices, is nothing but profiteering. And yes I do hold a grudge against Thailand for stealing our manufacturing jobs, and a bigger grudge against the government that sold out Australia to the ladyboy nation.

I suppose our cars will be made with luuv hahaha
tonys6550 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #44
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
They didn't steal anything, the company decided to invest there instead of here.
Doing business here is expensive and full of BS red tape, Ford isn't the only one doing it either.

Where were all you bleeding hearts 10+ years ago when IT and finance jobs were shipped over to India and Manilla?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:59 AM   #45
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Derr tok eer jerbs

I find it funny that someone suggested that Thai cars should be cheaper than US cars because Thai cars quality is inferior. Lol yeah, I have owned multiple American cars.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #46
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Derr tok eer jerbs

I find it funny that someone suggested that Thai cars should be cheaper than US cars because Thai cars quality is inferior. Lol yeah, I have owned multiple American cars.
I know I'd prefer mine from Thailand.

So does Toyota with the Hilux coming from there.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #47
Full_Monty

Sat in one at the dealership yesterday, I was really disappointed with the lack of interior room.
At 6'5 I couldn't get into the thing with the seat in the set position, even with it lowered my head was touching the roof, wtf?
A smaller cabin space than a territory left me thinking wtf were they thinking? it was the top of the line variant, and the finishes inside just didn't feel up to standard. I'm sure it's a capable car, but I feel they missed the mark on the brief. It should be larger inside than a territory, given it's physical size and stature.

a fully spec'd Titanium territory looks very appealing for $45k in comparison. IMO

People may say, but the Everest is more capable offroad...But who wants to bash around the scrub in an $85k town tractor? I personally wouldn't take this thing anywhere a territory wouldn't go for fear of bashing it up?
Full_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #48
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Monty View Post
Sat in one at the dealership yesterday, I was really disappointed with the lack of interior room.
At 6'5 I couldn't get into the thing with the seat in the set position, even with it lowered my head was touching the roof, wtf?
A smaller cabin space than a territory left me thinking wtf were they thinking? it was the top of the line variant, and the finishes inside just didn't feel up to standard. I'm sure it's a capable car, but I feel they missed the mark on the brief. It should be larger inside than a territory, given it's physical size and stature.

a fully spec'd Titanium territory looks very appealing for $45k in comparison. IMO

People may say, but the Everest is more capable offroad...But who wants to bash around the scrub in an $85k town tractor? I personally wouldn't take this thing anywhere a territory wouldn't go for fear of bashing it up?
Everest is pretty much just taller than a Territory. I would assume that most of the extra height would be taken up in extra ground clearance anyway.
Everest is 1cm longer but 4cm narrower.

I know it's a based off a Ranger, but I would of thought Fords biggest offroad vehicle would be a bit bigger than it is.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #49
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
They didn't steal anything, the company decided to invest there instead of here.
Doing business here is expensive and full of BS red tape, Ford isn't the only one doing it either.

Where were all you bleeding hearts 10+ years ago when IT and finance jobs were shipped over to India and Manilla?
Spot on. I find it amusing that some blame an entire nation for taking jobs when it's in fact the almighty dollar that is the biggest decider which determines the out come in much of the instances.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #50
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'd really like to see where the extra $40k worth of car is in an Everest compared to a Territory. It just doesn't add up to me.
Maybe they're planning to kill off the Territory sooner than we think... ?
Old 09-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #51
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
All very good points and it just goes to show what an irrelevant vehicle the Everest is.
Please oh learned one, tell me what vehicle I should have purchased, other than the the Everest, I want 4wd, not crazy 4wd, but something that'll get me up the high country, 7seats and good towing ability (at the speed limit not 10 ks under) for my caravan, and I like Fords.

I'd really like to see where the extra $40k worth of car is in an Everest compared to a Territory. It just doesn't add up to me.
The trend I've purchased has pretty much the same bling as the SZ Titanium I just sold (no leather but more tech) BUT also has 4wd and only cost 2k more than the Territory.
Sure my Ranger will also do the job but I don't like having to take my tools out last thing on a Friday, before leaving on a family weekend away.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #52
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
I'd really like to see where the extra $40k worth of car is in an Everest compared to a Territory. It just doesn't add up to me
it doesn't have to have $40k more kit - just be perceived as having $40k more value. Clearly you don't believe it does, but will the market? Time will tell I guess.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post