Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
wombat66

Default Focus turning circle

I am thinking of buying a new Focus when they come out later in the year. I have heard that they have a huge turning circle and the Titanium is the worst because of the large wheels. (Well over 11 metres) is this likely to be a problem in tight car parks?
Old 08-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
JVC063

Default Re: Focus turning circle

The turning circle is large, I have a Focus ST and you learn to live with it, only when I drive another car that you really notice it. Very rarely you don't need to carry out a three point turn. The XR5 is not much better, need at least four lanes to carry out a U turn. They both however are great cars.
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
wombat66

Would there be much difference between the Trend and the Titanium? (16 and 18 inch wheels)
Old 08-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
CountP

We have a tight car park at work and I can honestly say I've never noticed. I've got 16in wheels.
CountP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It's only really the bigger wheeled variants that have the big turning circle. I'd imagine a Trend on 16's will be fine.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As above, I've owned an XR5 and ST which both had 18s and a bit of a terrible turning circle, but it was never really an issue to me.

The lower spec models with the smaller wheel and tyre packages have a much better turning circle.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post