Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #61
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default Re: Used car: older/low km vs newer/high km?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
I fully understand the question and that no fool in their right mind would turn down an offer to swap a ordinary every day of mil B series vehicle for one of Australia’s finest muscle car of all time.
Nope I wouldn't trade. Its only a niche few ford people that thinks its worth something. To most people its a wreck.

If it were in mint condition with low km and plates ID lined up then maybe but no way for that wreck.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #62
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
When I bought my BF2 XR6 turbo almost 2 years ago for the same money I could have bought a used FG XR6 turbo or G6ET.. But with a lot more km... I decided on the mint low km as brand new BF2 instead.

Over the weekend, I was at a Birthday party showing a family member my XR6T and he asked what I paid for it...

When I told him he says "what isn't it a BF" You could have bought a FG xr6 turbo for that money..

I told him that its an as new car with only a few thousand km on the clock and with all options and leather. He responds with "no matter, the fg is the better car"

Whilst I agree the FG xr6t or G6ET is the better car but only when comparing new for new. But comparing a 7000km car vs 100,000km car, I don't think so.

For any price point you can always buy a minter low km older car or a average newer car.. What is your preference? Older and mint/low km or newer and average/higher km.

I would take the older (and even lower species car) that has the low km mint condition over a newer high km car.

Actually it bugs me when people buyer the roughest cheapest example of a particular model just to say they have one.. For instance if you have money to buy a neat BF xr6 turbo buy one. For the same money Don't buy the roughest G6ET with 150,000km just to say you have a G6ET.

Your thoughts?

You bought the wrong one HULK,

shoulda wound the speedo back then all woulda been good...full bragging rights
Old 21-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Oh dear Hulkie, that genuine Hoey would still be far more favoured and desired in that condition or worse then your dearly beloved BF turbo, and what’s more it will still be worth more then your purchase.

How does it feel to know a old rust bucket is worth more then your fully mint ride, pal.

I can honestly say that if I had a B series GT and someone that owned a GTHO in that condition come to me and wanted to swap I wouldn’t blink an eye lid, I’d swap in a heart beat, do you actually understand the desirability of a genuine GTHO that has not even been restored, I don’t think you do.
Only to you baby boomers and Gen X, Gen Y/Z are mostly turbo/import fans.

I'm with Hulk on this one, remember when Top Gear Australia put a GTHO PIII around their track and it got snapped by a povvo pack XT FG Falcon?

The older generation on this forum might look up to it as some sort of nostalgia/memories of the fastest 4 door car in the world.

Us younger guys, no nostalgia here.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-07-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 21-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #64
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Nope I wouldn't trade. Its only a niche few ford people that thinks its worth something. To most people its a wreck.

If it were in mint condition with low km and plates ID lined up then maybe but no way for that wreck.
Hulk - what ever medication you have stopped , with comments like this, my strong suggestion is to get back on - stirring the pot is one thing, a bit of fun, but ridiculous comments like the above on a Ford forum goes to another level.

Lock please.
Old 21-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #65
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Yeah they would be guaranteed all impress the parents of the girls/guys you are suiting!

JP

i was thinking more suited towards his neighbors
Old 21-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #66
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Only to you baby boomers and Gen X, Gen Y/Z are mostly turbo/import fans.

I'm with Hulk on this one, remember when Top Gear Australia put a GTHO PIII around their track and it got snapped by a povvo pack XT FG Falcon?
some of these blokes gotta get with the times. They are still in the stone ages thinking anyone cares what a old GTHO can do. Rubbish cars these days.

I enjoy my Turbo 6 for what it is... Im not looking to sell or make a buck, I like what it is for my enjoyment only, functionally its better than most cars on our roads, it would slap a GTHO silly every which way.
Old 21-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #67
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Silly statements.

Common sense says you’d take the Phase 3 regardless of its condition if offered a swap with your BF XR6T for the monetary value alone.

It's not like you're using either as daily drives.

You could then sell the rust bucket, buy another BF and use the change to throw a BBQ and invite all your in need of help car friends.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2015, 06:50 PM   #68
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Silly statements.

Common sense says you’d take the Phase 3 regardless of its condition if offered a swap with your BF XR6T for the monetary value alone.

It's not like you're using either as daily drives.

You could then sell the rust bucket, buy another BF and use the change to throw a BBQ and invite all your in need of help car friends.
well thats my position... NO SWAP! I value the car on its substance not old folk tales.
Old 21-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #69
HULK_I6T
Banned

Huh? Whats going on with this site.
Old 29-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #70
MattSAU2XR8

I think Hulk may be onto something. Just found the article one of the previous poster's had referred to I think. It was actually an FG XR6. But at any rate if this more or less kept up with the HO then Hulks car would smoke the HO, even if it is just a police car with leather seats :-)

http://www.motormag.com.au/features/...o-against-xr6/
Old 29-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #71
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

WOW!!! a hulk thread that hasn't been closed, that's mythical like the Phase 4 Coupes.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #72
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Sometimes it's not about what is faster, quicker, smoother, quieter, more reliable, more economical etc. etc.............................

For some, it is all about presence, character, charm, idiosyncrasies of that vehicle that we fall in love with (both good and bad), but to the people that don't understand, you can't explain it to, it comes from the heart.

Pure and simple mate.
6 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #73
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would rather take an older low kms car any day, as long as the rest of the car is to the condition expected for the kms.
Old 29-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #74
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is terrible. I don't know why it wasn't killed on the Hoey comments alone. Hulk pls. You obviously know stuff all about cars.

Reckon he was wearing a Monsta snap-back, white framed sunnies and a bumbag to the BBQ.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread