Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Geeseman
Double Reppuken!

Default clear stone guard protection

Hi all.
does anyone have experiencd with a clear stone guard protection against stone chips?
Looking for a product and installer in sydney.
thanks
Geeseman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Default Re: clear stone guard protection

Comes as optional equipment on high end cars like Porsche, Lambo and Lotus etc its on my Lotus you hardly see it, works well, when it gets damaged enough you can remove and replace it. Ozycozi have a good product available with fitting in Hotham Sydney. Its not cheap but it does work. The Lotus leave the factory with a product called star shield applied. There are some films available now that apparently repair them selves when hit by a stone can't say how good they are though. Don't have any mates with this on their cars but we have talked about it on club meets sounds like interesting technology
Mate of mine recently had his Gallardo done at ozzicozi and Doc is very particular.
3m have a good product they have taken over a company called venture shield don't know who would do it in Sydney though, google is your friend. The old 3m stuff would turn yellow over time.
None of this stuff is cheap a lot of the cost is in making the patterns.
To give you an idea of cost here is a lotus breakdown on pricing from ozicozy to the right of their page you can select models they have patterns for.

http://www.ozishield.com.au/products.asp?cat=596

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
zlcrazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: clear stone guard protection

Hi

I bought a BF Falcon SR near new a few years back an the previous owner had this applied to the bonnet and headlights. While it did protect them it looked abit average.

Shortly after i took delivery i had it removed an fitted genuine bonnet and headlight protectors as I did lots of highway touring with my awesome lil nephew.

When I say the protective film looked average id say the headlights were the worst bit. An upon removal of it on the bonnet it was a few shades darker where it had been. So it must have protected the paint from UV. But no I personally don't like it.

Also working in a large dealership i have seen it actually damage paint so.

I guess there maybe pro's and cons with either option really.

[B]2000 AU2 Fairmont Wagon - Congo Green
Factory Smart Bullbar, Hayman Reese Heavy Duty 2300kg Towpack and Front and Rear Mudflaps.
zlcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post