Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #31
nz13boy

Default Re: Just when you thought you had seen it all from the local press

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
While I have always believed the press mollycoddle GMH I have been a little bit cynical on how much so. Even when some blatantly obvious biased articles exist.

Well here we are with what compound it for me...

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2015...79?csn_tn=true

Have a look at that list and spot the odd one out. Ill give a tip, its local, has been around for a couple of years and has no technology that could be defined as "leading".

Its as if they deliberately post rubbish (evidence here) to get a reaction which IMO is more a reflection of where the media is in this country.
Whats so bias about it? Its well and truly the most advanced car "built in australia". It may be in your eyes the odd one out but the little spiel about it being the best tech laden and innovative Okka produced car is dead on the money.

I don't own one but Ive driven my mates Gts on more then a few occasions and its miles better then the 355 Gtp I owned for a few months and couldnt stand. I cant think of any other aussie produced car that comes within a country mile of it tech/innovation wise. I've driven a Gtf and it was noticeably better then a 355. But noticeably lacking in overall speed, cornering composure and braking ability compared to seat of the pants feel from The Hsv.

And well, as for the tech side of things, the fpv just felt lame compared to the playstation feel of the hsv gadgets etc.

I still love my 7yr old F6, But when I see the latest Fpvs that have the same ole interior as mine, and besides the supercharged option, have only really added wider rear tyres, some bushes, a 351 sticker and the letter "F" and, well, big deal.

Look at what Hsv/Gmh have done/copied/used tech wise compared to ford and its like comparing two different parallel universes. Ones marching on and the others trying to cling on to past (HO) glories.

The only bias I see is people who refuse to believe/see that theres a company in Oz who makes really awesome tech heavy, sports cars, that arnt called Ford.

Maybe, Just maybe, jornos continually like holdens over fords after comparing them....................because they are better. Period.

Albeit, uglier haha.

Last edited by nz13boy; 15-04-2015 at 08:24 PM.
nz13boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #32
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You miss the point boy, it's not about it being the most tech heavy car Australia has produced. The cars on that list are globally innovative, the article is even titled "Top 10 Most Innovative Cars".

Can you name which innovation that was introduced by Holden in the VF that puts it in the same company as the Model S, the i8, i3, Mirai, A3 gtron, CMax Solar, Google Car and the F015?

The only other problem in that list is BMW getting two nods for the same innovation.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #33
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
You miss the point boy, it's not about it being the most tech heavy car Australia has produced. The cars on that list are globally innovative, the article is even titled "Top 10 Most Innovative Cars".

Can you name which innovation that was introduced by Holden in the VF that puts it in the same company as the Model S, the i8, i3, Mirai, A3 gtron, CMax Solar, Google Car and the F015?

The only other problem in that list is BMW getting two nods for the same innovation.
I wouldn't say 'boy' but your point is correct.

There is no reason for the VF to be anywhere near those innovative vehicles.

It shouldn't be in the same article.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #34
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi name is nz13boy I was too lazy to type nz13 but it would've saved me typing this in hindsight

Current Rides
Old 15-04-2015, 09:37 PM   #35
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
I wouldn't say 'boy' but your point is correct.

There is no reason for the VF to be anywhere near those innovative vehicles.

It shouldn't be in the same article.
I agree too.....but the guys name is boy ....nz13boy. He wasn't calling him a 'boy'.
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #36
nz13boy

[QUOTE=SensationFG8;5373978]You miss the point boy, it's not about it being the most tech heavy car Australia has produced. The cars on that list are globally innovative, the article is even titled "Top 10 Most Innovative ......

Yeah fair point, but,

Although the article is indeed titled the "Top ten most innovitive cars". What you and the original poster seemed to be missing is the author has stated that the Vf is included because its the "most advanced car built in australia". And thats pertinent because of the obvious. And its why its in the list.

Its the most advanced car produced here by some margin.

It may not be at the level as some (all) of the others on the list tech wise, but the authors clearly stated why its on the list.

And as mentioned earlier, in reply to op original post. Thats not bias, thats fact.

My point is not every positvie article/review about Holdens is "rigged" or bias.

As for the "boy" remarks, no biggie haha. Im 43 and am told I still look 30. Played in a under 18 tennis comp as a fill in when I was 30 and at the age of 33 I was finally alowed to buy alchohol without having to show ID.
Old 16-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #37
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Sorry which bit makes it the most advanced? Just Al panels? From what I recall the point of that would be less weight, to reduce fuel consumption, yet does it return those savings beyond what a "steel" falcon does? I didnt think it did. FGX I6 is 9.0L/100, EB is 8.1 and the VF commodore is the same at 9L.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 16-04-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #38
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Maybe they should do an article "The 10 Most Powerful Cars in the Universe"......and add the Aussie Ford Gt351 because.......well we all know why

The vf just looks STUPID included in that list for the sake of it.....and that's a fact!
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #39
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps I shouldn't use the English definition of innovative. Then I might "get" the reason a car with no innovation is sharing the same pages as some true innovators...

Current Rides
Old 19-04-2015, 01:01 PM   #40
deadfish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a dumb artical, but in terms of tech load and safety gear, for an Australian built and developed car that's destined to die, it is probably half a worthy achievement,
deadfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #41
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
I think the Moron that wrote that article believes the whole body is made of Aluminium.

It just shows how little the idiots in that "profession" actually know about what they write about.

Media ..

Just watch the news, read the paper, and some 'so called expert' is making comments and having an opinion on something they know nothing about.

If you are a tradesman you need to get a license and serve an apprenticeship, how are these idiots ( writers, reporters, etc ) trained and held accountable ?
Barra old son... I couldn't have said it better myself. It still makes me sad that it happens, and they are able to poison the minds of the ignorant, and the naive.
Old 19-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #42
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Perhaps I shouldn't use the English definition of innovative. Then I might "get" the reason a car with no innovation is sharing the same pages as some true innovators...
Perhaps you should revert back to that dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "bias", the word "comprehension", the word "ignorant" and the term "one-eyed".........

That about sums it up
Old 19-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #43
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Innovation is a new idea, more effective device or process.[1] Innovation can be viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, inarticulated needs, or existing market needs.

Given VF uses ideas from other cars and has nothing that is a new idea specific to it I'm comfortable that there is no bias in my assessment of the poorly written article.

As you can see simply being the "most advanced" car built in a single country doesn't fit into the definition. You go on with your innovation assessment though. While your at it I've just innovated this cool touch screen phone, you want to invest in it?

Current Rides
Old 19-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #44
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz View Post
Barra old son... I couldn't have said it better myself. It still makes me sad that it happens, and they are able to poison the minds of the ignorant, and the naive.
It works a treat , every time an ad like this appears the poisonous comments come to the fore . F/F has now morphed into what everyone on here used to truly dislike about commode forums, bias, bagging and blatantly one eyed .
It makes sad that what used to be a forum frequented by those who had a grudging appreciation of anything with 4 wheels has now become so toxic .
Who buys a car of the calibre of a HSV or Fgx on advertising alone, seriously. Even if they did I am pretty sure they would be stoked at their purchase . It will go far beyond what 99% of drivers will ever need to do .
Stuffed if I know what you fellas are going to ***** about soon . V8's are so few and far between on the roads now hearing one is a bonus makes me smile every time .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #45
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As the article states, "but with its lightweight construction incorporating aluminium and loads of safety and infotainment technology it remains the most advanced car built in Australia. ". It doesn't state that the entire frame is made of aluminium, just incorporates it. So as some have said, bonnet, boot etc.
And it's true, it is the most advanced car ever built in Australia. And from the editor's point of view it is seen as "innovative" from what has been produced in our backyard. Throwing a blower on a V8 certainly is not!

Compared to what is being made around the world though does leave us Australians well behind.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #46
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would be innovative if almost every other manufacturer had not already done it...

No one here suggested the falcon should be on that list so not sure why you mention sticking a blower on a v8. That also is not innovation.

I'm open to suggestions of things in the VF that have not been done elsewhere that justify it's position on the top 10 innovative cars. So far not one person defending it's inclusion has come up with an answer beyond "it has some aluminium". Given aluminium panels are not new it doesn't count.

Current Rides
Old 20-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #47
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
It works a treat , every time an ad like this appears the poisonous comments come to the fore . F/F has now morphed into what everyone on here used to truly dislike about commode forums, bias, bagging and blatantly one eyed .
It makes sad that what used to be a forum frequented by those who had a grudging appreciation of anything with 4 wheels has now become so toxic .
Who buys a car of the calibre of a HSV or Fgx on advertising alone, seriously. Even if they did I am pretty sure they would be stoked at their purchase . It will go far beyond what 99% of drivers will ever need to do .
Stuffed if I know what you fellas are going to ***** about soon . V8's are so few and far between on the roads now hearing one is a bonus makes me smile every time .
What advertising ?

This is an article written by someone who claims to be a journalist
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post