Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #31
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Wont ever complain about Ford servicing costs again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Mercedes itself or car dealer based servicing and prices?
Ford dealer services are just as bad.
  • I had my Focus serviced in Dec, $800 for a standard service with some additional items, no parts. I couldn't be bothered arguing so my fault on that.
  • Ford dealer wanted $90 for wiper blades, did it myself for a fraction of the price.
  • Dealer wants $900 for OEM brakes on the front of the Focus
  • Dealer wanted $350 for faulty solenoid in rear driver's side door on BA, argued that it was still in warranty. Two more failed just as I sold the car.

I am sure I can dig up more. These are from various dealers, I change dealers every so often because of the poor service experienced.
Sounds a fraction of the cost some of the OPs merc costs were still.....

Thread NOT a fail.....
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #32
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2ford View Post
Don't know where you are but it might be worth a drive to Nowra!
Am in sth east Melbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
Sounds a fraction of the cost some of the OPs merc costs were still.....

Thread NOT a fail.....
Wasn't trying to compare Merc vs Ford or even the $$ of each post but stating (and it has evidenced by others prior to my comments) that much of the exaggerated costs are as a result of the large mark ups by dealers. This practice is not limited to Ford or Mercedes, but just about every make. The issue also is the inconsistencies across the dealers.
Old 30-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The word "service" covers a broad range of things done to a motor car, often when i ask friends what they had done on their car when they mentioned " i had the car serviced the other day ", more often than not they dont have a clue what goes on in a proper service.

not trying to be a smart *** , but often i think what joe blogs regards as a service and often does in a do it yourself scenario is vastly different to what actually happens in a workshop.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post