Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #1
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Save Lakeside!

You are all probably aware of Pine Rivers Shire Council's plan to close Lakeside forever at the same time as Goverments are wringing their hands over street racing.

If you haven't done so already, please sign the petition to keep it as a race track and driver training centre for all enthusiasts to enjoy.

The petition is at www.petitiononline.com/

Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I used to live just near it many year ago.

Whos the major of Pine Rivers now? That will have a huge impact on your chances.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Simmo posted about this not that long ago...
Old 09-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
Simmo posted about this not that long ago...
Sorry ... must have missed it
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:
I'm pretty sure that it is Yvonne "i'll look after myself thanks very much" Chapman...I was a resident of Petrie(now zoned kallangur) for 18 years (am now in the Caboolture shire) and that whole time Lakeside was a fully functioning race track, it is an absolute tragity that it has come to this, my memories of Lakeside as a child will always be cherished but it is my great fear that the land that Lakeside is on is far to valuable as realestate to the council.....But fear not I will quite literally lie in front of the earth moving equipment before i let this amazing peice of history be turned into a crap *** housing estate.....
I regularly drive past Lakeside and it still amazes me as to the shocking waste of a real Queensland landmark.....
Long Live Lakeside!!!!!!!!!! :

Lissa
Old 09-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

I used to go to it as a kid. Some of my best memories, watching the Truck racing, sigh.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
:
I'm pretty sure that it is Yvonne "i'll look after myself thanks very much" Chapman
I know her personally... Lakeside is screwed.

Could be worse, could be Barlow. I know her personally too (unfortunatly)and she is a meglamanic of the largest ego type. Lakeside would not only be screwed, it would be turned into a shopping center and zoned houseing and the ex competitors would all recieve a bill for the pleasure of once racing there. :

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I used to go to it as a kid. Some of my best memories, watching the Truck racing, sigh.
I used to love sitting near the big bridge, and seeing the Truck Drivers Duck as they went under.... That was classic Pretty Awesome seeing a truck powersliding @ 160kph...!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #9
The Taipan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember a GTHO oversteering through the "Carousel" lap after lap, when suddenly the tail totally let go, the thing hit the Dunlop bridge backwards and miraculously transformed into a mini minor...

My favourite spot was the kink at the end of the back straight... "Hungry's" iirc, off-camber, with an unsettling rise immediately before it made an unbalanced car look very slow, and a poor driver look bad, ruined their entry into the Eastern loop and onto the main straight. There were some huge moments on that corner and the last corner onto the main straight...
The Taipan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post