Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Default Licence Plate Hell

Here's the story.

I ordered my Personalised Plates approximately mid december from the South Oz Dept of transport. The had a deadline of december 9th in order to recieve your plates before chrissy. Unfortunately I missed this date and ordered them a few days late, and was ok to wait until after the christmas break. I even pain an extra $15 to have them mailed to me so I wouldn't have to stuff around picking them up.
Days and weeks went by and no plates. I figured that the company (in melb) who makes sa plates would have holidays like everyone else.
By yesterday (feb 5th) I'm a little annoyed and finally decide to ring transport SA and see wht the deal is. I wasn't expecting to get an accurate timeframe until they were available, but I did. Yes thay had been at the Transport SA office in Mitcham since late december WTF!!!
I asked why they hadn't been mailed out, to which the reply was that the details of the car they were going on to had to be entered on the system before they could release them. I told the guy that I had given all the vehicle details when the plates were ordered.
Doesn't matter he says, I still need to go into the office and give the vehicle details.
MY TWO PROBLEMS WITH THIS!!!!
1. Why didn't I recieve a phone call when they arrived about 5 BL**DY weeks ago?
2. Why was I able to get them posted and get charged for that postage when the plates can't be mailed out?

I was then told that I had to go to mitcham office by 5.30 to get them, when mitcham is no where near I live or work.(although not everyone here knows SA, it's like going from A to B via Q)
Left work a little early yesterday, fought traffic to get to the office at 5.22 and they close at 5.00....damn!
I try to ring this morning and see if they can send the out to me and do the verification over the phone, or at least send them to the office nearer to my work so I can zip down at lunch. I hear that they are experiencing a heavy volume of calls, we cannot help, call back later.

I know a lot of people have said this before, but if the government was a private company, they'd be buggered.

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you print out a receipt (to show you paid the postage!!)?
Because simply put to get that money back you will have to have proof.. if SA transport is still as useless as it was over 10 years ago... good luck..

I got mine in the post, but I don't remember having to pay anything extra for them (Qld by the way).....

Take a sickie and go get your plates before the government lose them and tell you that you will have to reapply... lol

Cheers and good luck : hope you get them soon
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #3
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

They have records that i'v epaid postage and will refund it if I pick them up, it's just the annoying thing having waited all this time.
OH and it's now 11:40 and the 13 number for all enquiries is still too full to get in the queue.

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seriously ask for an early mark and say you will make it up over the next few days..... go and pick them up..
Yes I do realise its not exactly close to where you are.. but that is why I suggested 'early mark'........

Its simply not good enough but you really cant expect much more from a government dept...
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
Stampy

QLD just post em out ,they don't care what car they go on ,you may never put them on a car , I know the guy who had FTE and never put it on a car ,and never will now . : I want it. :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

YAY, here we go. After trying all morning to get through, I finally got put in the queue. waited about 15 mins and got put through to my young lady saviour.
She told me that I would have had the plates sent out directly if I had nominated the car that the plates were for. I told her I did over the internet as I remember giving my current plate number. She put me on hold for a sec, came back "Are the plates for your falcon?" - Yes I said...Apparently the branch hadn't read the application properly and hadn't allocated the plates like they were supposed to.
10 Seconds and she had it sorted and they are posting them out today. Wonders will never cease... too bad the fella yesterday was a moron

Old 08-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Find out which office he was in and egg it...

When its closed of course
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

i have about 10 15 sets of personolised plates they have ranged in times getting mailed to my home ,1 set i ordered on the friday and had em by the following wednesday but some have taken longer most about 10 working days .The longest ones took 3-4 weeks when the announced the plates where going up in price and the mad rush started

i have never had to let them know what car they are going on as most are in my lounge room

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #9
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And so now you have ben released from the clutches of frustration only to now be at the mercy of AUSTRALIA POST. hahahahahahahahahahah LOTS OF LUCK BUDDY. What decade did you want those plates for?
Old 08-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I've actually ordered BJGTP 8 for the BJ range of falcons in 2012

Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

lol aren't you army? This stuff is child's play by Army stuff up standards!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #12
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
lol aren't you army? This stuff is child's play by Army stuff up standards!
Agree with this (Slightly Biased) Lining up at the Motor Reg is a pain in the butt, they are worse than bank tellers. My closest Motor Reg is Port Adelaide and of course all the people in front of me are Vb-Vn series Commodore drivers with no shoes or deodorant.
Just remember what they told you the first day you Joined the Army,
'If you can't take a joke, you should'nt have joined'
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 AM   #13
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Now lets see if Aus Post can lose them or worse yet, someone pinches them when they see then half hanging out of your letterbox.
I picked my plates up as i didn't want to wait an extra 4 or 5 days from when the transport SA office received them.
Line up to pay rego etc is huge at all offices.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #14
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

falcon91, I should have followed your lead and gone with the Air Force straight up.

Even with a slightly bung knee and 3 fingertips missing, they army wanted me back full time, but I don't think the Air Force would.
Yes I know the paperwork trail is nothing. I have had my whole life turned upside down in the past 12 months thanks to the army paperwork delays.
I think they'd send a note asaying to pick up at post office....the plates are going to the oldies so Im getting them to pick them up and I'll swing by there fri I hope.