Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
Dezaman

Default Car Club Customs, and Marriage Ceremonies/Pictures

Hi everyone, I'm a long time ford fan who is getting married to my other love, Before i get to my long winded story I will ask the question first, What is the customs for car clubs and their enthusiast's, Do they enjoy taking their rides out for ceremonies or do they mostly do it for close friends and family, more specifically older Falcon drivers (XK-XC).

Long winded story part, Had a few falcons ranging from nice XC to a bunch of AU/BA in my time and a few years back forked out for a mostly new FG falcon, Greatest family car we have ever had, the money i saved on it being second hand and the XT version i had intended to put it to good use too dress it up and make it faster, hopefully have it nice enough to join a car club finally. After having a baby and working too many hours that dream flew out the window and the car has degraded into just another reliable, messy, family car, Had some great memories in it and with Falcon's being culled off It would be silly of me to try and sell it now, also i would only get a cheeseburger for it thanks to depreciation but that's another story.

After losing my job a few weeks back my fiance said i should finally get around to dressing it up, for instance fix the scratches, put a nice boss bonnet on it and a cheap mk2 bar with skirts, keep it up to date and good nick. Since another of my friends has an FG and i do love these cars we can have them as our wedding cars (not really Extremely Elegant but close enough).

Unfortunately our bridal party has turned into 4+1 on each side, meaning with someone to drive it the FG's won't fit them, Then i looked back to my old XC and remembered it had a bench seat, so could fit 6 people, Brilliant... Except that car went into a tree many moons back and they still sell for a pretty penny so i can't just buy one for $100 bucks like an XF and sell it after.

I always wanted to join a car club yet know nothing about them, and as it is don't really have a nice enough car anymore to fit in with the crowd. Would love it to know a little more about that underground world (We live in West Sydney if anyone is in a club there).

Dezaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
Autolite

Default Re: Car Club Customs, and Marriage Ceremonies/Pictures

I think most of us car guys enjoy taking our cars out for a spin. As for car clubs, I personally dont have the time but joining a club with like minded enthusiasts can have many rewards.Just look through a few magazines or hit the Google machine and I'm sure you will find one that accomodates your preference. You might get lucky and find someone willing to help you out.
I've done more weddings than you can poke a stick at and now I will only do them for relatives. There is nothing worse that having everyone lean on your car at church or Grandma placing her handbag on your boot while she tries to find her camera or the little page boy using your console as a step to get to the front seat etc................shall I go on?
Autolite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm a member of a Qld classic car club and we are inundated with requests for weddings, formals, etc.. as are most classic car clubs.
A lot of members do it ... but not for free. Usual charge is $300 +, and to cover insurance problems, "the cars are ferrying the guests to a photo shoot and the charge is for the picture taking".
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Golioth
Cruzin in FNQ

Weddings can be fun

Golioth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #5
carwant.com.au
carwant.com.au