Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #151
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 
Default Re: How do you rate the GT-F vs GTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Three, can't you count ... now take a chill pill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
Settle Petal.
You mad bros?

The direction that this thread (and others before it) ended up going in is symptomatic to me of how little people actually care about such offerings from Holden and Ford, even within one of their own supposed fanbases.

No wonder they're closing up shop on manufacturing them when the cars aren't exciting enough to talk about on a Ford forum it seems, and where people would prefer to discuss the love one kiwi bloke has for his chrysler.

I'll let the forum and the mods decide whether this thread stays or goes and where it goes from here.

Last edited by Alan D Segal; 20-08-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: fixed 'about'
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #152
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8 View Post
Wait, don't close it yet... have a perve at these, the BEST LOOKING FPV GT EVER !!

The GTF is the Best Looking FPV of them all.
Old 20-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #153
chopstar87
The Original ChopstaR

That does look good in white!

May 2006 – October 2006: 2002 Proton Persona
October 2006 – July 2013: 2004 BA Ford Falcon XR6 (Blueprint – 4 speed Auto – Premium Audio - No Tracton Control )
July 2013 - ???: 2013 Chrysler 300c Luxury (Bright white – Panoramic Sunroof – 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon/Kardon stereo)
November 2013 - ???: 2013 Ford Focus Sport (the missus's car, white, manual)
Old 20-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #154
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

White number plates with black lettering really suits the car well.
Old 20-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #155
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally we can all agree on something.

Old 20-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #156
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
No wonder they're closing up shop on manufacturing them when the cars aren't exciting enough to talk about on a Ford forum it seems, and where people would prefer to discuss the love one kiwi bloke has for his chrysler.
To be fair, the GTF has generated more excitement on the forum than anything I've ever seen before it. And a side note regarding the kiwi bloke, it's kind of awkward when the supposed Chrysler lover has owned more late model FPVs than any of his critics.
6 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #157
warpo83
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Finally we can all agree on something.

Nope... I think the black one looks better!! hahaha
Black on Black GTF 258
2007 Super snake 690RWHP
XA GT Coupe under resto
XBGS Surferoo Panel van
Old 20-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #158
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpo83 View Post
Nope... I think the black one looks better!! hahaha
It has to be Smoke!!
Old 20-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #159
warpo83
Starter Motor

Quote:
It has to be Smoke!!
I think I read somewhere that the Black ones are Faster than the Silver ones and have more RWHP!!
Black on Black GTF 258
2007 Super snake 690RWHP
XA GT Coupe under resto
XBGS Surferoo Panel van
Old 20-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #160
Bent8
Long live the GT !

She may not be the fastest but she is definitely the best looking of this bunch..

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
4 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 04:35 PM   #161
warpo83
Starter Motor

No arguement here!!!!
Black on Black GTF 258
2007 Super snake 690RWHP
XA GT Coupe under resto
XBGS Surferoo Panel van
Old 20-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #162
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gts imo

GT too 2008
Old 20-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #163
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Wait, don't close it yet... have a perve at these, the BEST LOOKING FPV GT EVER !!

That one please!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 20-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #164
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
She may not be the fastest but she is definitely the best looking of this bunch..

It'd probably surprise many of my critics on here that I agree with you but there's so much more to a car than its looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
To be fair, the GTF has generated more excitement on the forum than anything I've ever seen before it. And a side note regarding the kiwi bloke, it's kind of awkward when the supposed Chrysler lover has owned more late model FPVs than any of his critics.
Thanks, a fact small minded people tend to overlook in their quickness to pigeon-hole anyone looking to have an open and objective debate as a ford hater.

Anyway back on subject, hasn't the GTS got a whole bunch of coolers to keep temps under control ?, I seem to remember talk of diff coolers, transmission coolers and a large oil cooler...I would have thought that sort of kit might be pretty useful...
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #165
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
You mad bros?..
Pretty sure I am.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 20-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #166
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
It'd probably surprise many of my critics on here that I agree with you but there's so much more to a car than its looks.

Thanks, a fact small minded people tend to overlook in their quickness to pigeon-hole anyone looking to have an open and objective debate as a ford hater.

Anyway back on subject, hasn't the GTS got a whole bunch of coolers to keep temps under control ?, I seem to remember talk of diff coolers, transmission coolers and a large oil cooler...I would have thought that sort of kit might be pretty useful...

Open and Objective. Mate we have been through this with you, when you had the F6, the 5.0L Coyotes were crap and slow, ofcourse until you bought one. Then once you had the Coyote it was the ducks nuts. Now you go and buy something else and the Coyote is all of a sudden at the bottom of the tree. Its like you have to go and buy something to save face because you bag the **** out of it to start with. You have an agenda, it is to support what ever you own on the particular day.

Its tiring. The real Ford men are slowly dieing on this forum to the point where there will be none of us left, because other people come in and talk our cars down.

Both the HSV and FPV are great cars, especially given how little they sell. The Chrysler should be 10 times better then either of them due to the volume and the support SRT have, but is it? No it it isnt. So instead of putting **** on the local product (in particular the FPV's) why dont you give it a rest. Us REAL FPV enthusiasts would not buy either a HSV or an SRT8, simply because they are not what we are interested in. It doesn't take anything away from them but for you to come on a FORD forum, blow your trumpet and expect not to upset people is ridiculous.

On a final note we probably have the BEST automotive forum in the country, sadly we have LOST some awesome guys over the last few years due to crap like this thread that gets out of hand.

I don't think I can take much more of it. Its an insult to us that own them and also the guys that have designed and built them. The way you go on about how the GTF is just a ecu tune and suspension change is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself, the amount of dedication and work that has gone into these cars is right up there, especially considering how small the project and build has been. These cars are bullet proof to. Tried and tested which only goes to show how much work these people put into them.

I am unhappy and dissapointed.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 20-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #167
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Must say even after 8 years the FG shape still looks good.
Old 20-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #168
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Must say even after 8 years the FG shape still looks good.
6 years.

FG first build was April 2008.

It is now August 2014.

6 years and 4 months.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Old 20-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #169
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
6 years.

FG first build was April 2008.

It is now August 2014.

6 years and 4 months.
typo error it will continue to look good even after 8 years
Old 20-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #170
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

any rear shot comparisons of all three??
Old 20-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #171
Wolfinsheepsclothing
preying on lions

Quote:
Open and Objective. Mate we have been through this with you, when you had the F6, the 5.0L Coyotes were crap and slow, ofcourse until you bought one. Then once you had the Coyote it was the ducks nuts. Now you go and buy something else and the Coyote is all of a sudden at the bottom of the tree. Its like you have to go and buy something to save face because you bag the **** out of it to start with. You have an agenda, it is to support what ever you own on the particular day.

Its tiring. The real Ford men are slowly dieing on this forum to the point where there will be none of us left, because other people come in and talk our cars down.

Both the HSV and FPV are great cars, especially given how little they sell. The Chrysler should be 10 times better then either of them due to the volume and the support SRT have, but is it? No it it isnt. So instead of putting **** on the local product (in particular the FPV's) why dont you give it a rest. Us REAL FPV enthusiasts would not buy either a HSV or an SRT8, simply because they are not what we are interested in. It doesn't take anything away from them but for you to come on a FORD forum, blow your trumpet and expect not to upset people is ridiculous.

On a final note we probably have the BEST automotive forum in the country, sadly we have LOST some awesome guys over the last few years due to crap like this thread that gets out of hand.

I don't think I can take much more of it. Its an insult to us that own them and also the guys that have designed and built them. The way you go on about how the GTF is just a ecu tune and suspension change is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself, the amount of dedication and work that has gone into these cars is right up there, especially considering how small the project and build has been. These cars are bullet proof to. Tried and tested which only goes to show how much work these people put into them.

I can hear you brother
Old 20-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #172
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
I can hear you brother
Too true. That post from Dash is spot on. Good stuff mate.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #173
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Post of the day
Old 20-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #174
turbo4me

Quote:

Tell you what Dash if you aint got it by now, some people are just born **** stirrers.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #175
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Geez, who would have thought that people on AFF would be passionate and regularly one eyed about their Fords.
Dunno about you guys ,but when I go to the footy, I put on my clubs guernsey not some mish mash multi colored jumper so that I can be objective about all the teams.
Its my way or the highway....lol

Anyways , no more positive comments on Fords here please, its upsetting the minority....
Gotta luv this place sometimes.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #176
BHDOGS
Banned

Agree completely dash i could of said same but it would of had more swearing and insults and been deleted so ill just like your post.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #177
Rodge
Banned

Maybe the mods should close this vs thread as its been done to death and so many people with myopic vision appear to take umbrage at anyone suggesting another team also has a very good car.

I lament would could / should have been with the final FPV, especially if it had of been fitted with more technology like the GTS or the SRT8 and priced fairly to Kiwi's with a fair number allocated here. Anyway I'll leave it at that because so many people seem to have got their panties in a twist. The truth from my perspective is that any of these cars are actually very good and one or two of them contain modern technology and one's actually fairly priced.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #178
Motorbreath310

This is one of the most active, and best quality car forums I know of. What are we gonna talk about once production ceases?
Old 20-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #179
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310 View Post
This is one of the most active, and best quality car forums I know of. What are we gonna talk about once production ceases?
Mustangs?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #180
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Dash GT .... couldn't have said it better myself as I have repeated this line of thought to the point of becoming nauseous to many. Too many say things on the internet they wouldn't face to face and get all upset because they hit a nerve with an enthusiast who is here to support his passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Geez, who would have thought that people on AFF would be passionate and regularly one eyed about their Fords.
Dunno about you guys ,but when I go to the footy, I put on my clubs guernsey not some mish mash multi colored jumper so that I can be objective about all the teams.
Its my way or the highway....lol

Anyways , no more positive comments on Fords here please, its upsetting the minority....
Gotta luv this place sometimes.
You do gotta luv it ....... or go stupid opposing it

Might leave the thread here. I am sure another 'VS' thread will pop up .......

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread