Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why do people hate email?

If I might make one plus for email as opposed to phones, once you have written your email and posted it the jobs done, getting on the phone can be an absolute pain in the kyber , how many times do you get put on bloody hold, transferred to another dude, and then at the end of it get zero satisfaction, you can get lucky or shafted with both emails and phone calls.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #32
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
If I might make one plus for email as opposed to phones, once you have written your email and posted it the jobs done, getting on the phone can be an absolute pain in the kyber , how many times do you get put on bloody hold, transferred to another dude, and then at the end of it get zero satisfaction, you can get lucky or shafted with both emails and phone calls.

Just cause you pressed the send button doesn't guarantee the other party will
(a) receive it
(b) respond to it
(c) provide a truthful/accurate response.

when you talk to someone on the fone you can often tell if they are simply giving you BS.....or if they have NFi etc etc etc

Our fone system records everything...so better than an email!
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #33
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People have a tendency to call when it's inconvenient, at least with email I can respond when I have more time, and only devote as much time as is necessary.

A couple of weeks ago, I made what was to be a 2min phone call to answer one question. After asking said question, 'while I've got you, let me just put you on conference because X wanted to ask you a few questions too' .... 20min later.....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Just cause you pressed the send button doesn't guarantee the other party will
(a) receive it
(b) respond to it
(c) provide a truthful/accurate response.

when you talk to someone on the fone you can often tell if they are simply giving you BS.....or if they have NFi etc etc etc

Our fone system records everything...so better than an email!
Ok , well i will just ask you, just because you dialled the number
can you guarantee the number you dial will have the ..............
correct party answer/receive it ? ...............
the correct party will respond to it ? ...................
the correct party will provide a truthful and accurate response ?

I m sorry i don't see your blind faith in the phone, yes they probably give a degree of come back, but they both have their fors and against, and i really dont think either give really give you a gold plated guarantee of anything, but to each his own.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #35
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Currently I am the person who answers emails for a large company. All I have to say is people are idiots and people expect to have an answer by email within 10 seconds of sending the email.

If you email any company and you need something urgent, call because it may take a few days for the email to be replied to.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #36
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And here's the other thing: I will often send an email wanting a detailed response. I figure I am being considerate? If I phone I will likely be dragging somebody away from a job, they'll be rushed and won't have information at their fingertips.
So I email. Often it works, after the last job is finished the guys ists down to do his paperwork etc and has time to answer my questions. He can cut & paste, or just send me PDF's.
But other times I just get a "better to phone us and talk to someone," so I try that and its a struggle to get somebody on the phone, its quite obvious that they can't wait to hang-up.