Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool US tuner Hennessy teases new supercharged Chevrolet SS package

US tuner Hennessy teases new supercharged Chevrolet SS package with toll road test.

Holden's VF Commodore has already had the tuning wand waved over it locally by the likes of HSV, Walkinshaw Performance and Harrop Engineering, but the US-market Chevrolet SS version is about to score a similar treatment from the aftermarket maestros at Hennessey Performance.

Rather than making performance claims via simple press release, the US firm has showcased the upcoming package in the above video, where the boosted Chevy SS is used to test a new Texas freeway’s automated toll system under the supervision of a Texas Highway Patrol Dodge Challenger.

While the top speed of 262km/h is about what you could expect from a stock 6.2-litre SS, it’s fair to say the HSV GTS-trumping 600hp (448kW) output suggested by the HPE600 supercharger upgrade’s name will help it get it there a lot quicker.

Hennessy are you to specify any other details of its planned upgrades, but Motor Authority reports that high-flow induction and turbo systems, intercooler and exhaust packages, plus engine management tunes, brake and suspension upgrades are also in the works.
I posted the video in the video section...
http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...02?origin=hpc1

Old 02-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Default Re: US tuner Hennessy teases new supercharged Chevrolet SS package

Hennessy is the Milly Cyrus of the US aftermarket scene. All talk and pretty pictures, with no actual substance. And his pricing is well.... interesting.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow I am shocked that a US tuner has the ability to enhance an engine that is a dime a dozen in the States.
Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

If Hennessey is the Miley cyrus in the states, then what are most tuners here in Oz! LOL! A company that can make a twin turb 1500+ HP viper and run well into the 9s and mid 2 sec 0-60mph times AND offer warranty is a mikey cyrus i would take home... ;-)
(no offence intended grunter). I would love to own anything with a hennessey badge.
I also like the look of the SS's in the states, they certainly stand out from the boxy 300c's, camaros, mustangs etc.
On a side note speaking of tuners companies in the states, check out this mob.. mmm.. http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #5
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001 View Post
If Hennessey is the Miley cyrus in the states, then what are most tuners here in Oz! LOL! A company that can make a twin turb 1500+ HP viper and run well into the 9s and mid 2 sec 0-60mph times AND offer warranty is a mikey cyrus i would take home... ;-)
(no offence intended grunter). I would love to own anything with a hennessey badge.
I also like the look of the SS's in the states, they certainly stand out from the boxy 300c's, camaros, mustangs etc.
On a side note speaking of tuners companies in the states, check out this mob.. mmm.. http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/
Any tuner with an open check book can make a car go fast.....it's all their other non substantial Bolt on packages they pump out that make them seem lame.
Not sure why they'd even bother with this car tho. It's barely selling.....there'd be like 1 or 2 near Hennessy shops......and not many of those will even bother modding.....and that's if they even use Hennessy. Maybe just generic Bolton stuff that works with the American versions of the products allready? But still
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #6
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
Hennessy is the Milly Cyrus of the US aftermarket scene. All talk and pretty pictures, with no actual substance. And his pricing is well.... interesting.
Yup...........
Link

Not seeing any substance here......
As for pricing, he can charge what the heck he likes. I would
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Take Mikey home?

Freudian slip??
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
None taken! Although I'd point out that even Milly Cyrus has had a hit, despite her being, well Milly Cyrus. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henness...ce_Engineering
https://www.google.com.au/#q=henness...ormance+ripoff
https://www.google.com.au/#q=henness...nce+complaints

And many members of varying forums with first hand, negative dealings with his shop.

Smoke - fire.

Cool Lotus he bolted bits to though! ;)

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #9
Chopped
as in chopped

163mph (limited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuczbVo4W2Q
Old 04-01-2014, 01:56 AM   #10
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Looks impressive, sounds angry too......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 03:56 AM   #11
Lardman

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6a5jkUGKg

Warranty and all.
Lardman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #12
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Take Mikey home?

Freudian slip??
HAHA comon K is next to L!
Old 04-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #13
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Chevrolet SS sales for December 2013........239
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 04:42 AM   #14
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Chevrolet SS sales for December 2013........239
Holden is saved!