Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #61
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Top secret report reveals new-look Holden with no V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
The govt don't decide on when or whether a business chooses to close. That's a fact. There may be an article published that suggests that. Matter of fact there is lots of crap written by the press daily. You don't need to keep stating them with such conviction that some may believe it's gospel. Keep up the great work Factman
so why r you here reading threads and posted articles which give us news and info. You and fte50 seem to know it all already....somehow.
And am I sposed to believe official articles.....or a car salesman

ive talked and quoted about things in official reviews and or articles.
You've said im making it up

I showed you the articles where I got the facts from.

You ignore the facts and belittle me instead.
Answer me....have I not supplied you with every article I read where u implied I was lieing or making it up.
Whether the articles end up being correct in six years is beside the point...they are FACT NOW.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #62
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Top secret report reveals new-look Holden with no V8

the other thing to consider is the fact that car markets all over the world have to reach ever tightening emissions and fuel consumption targets, GM WONT import 100000 holden built SS Chevy V8s because it will stuff up their average fleet consumption. Why do you think the Cruze comes with a 1.4lt turbo in the US, no one took a punt on the capacity, it was chosen solely on fuel consumption.
The traditional V8 guzzlers in the us are moving to niche status, with the volume sellers downsizing capacity-F150 Ecoboost anyone?
Europe has done this for years, other technology like Direct shift transmissions and electric power steering systems arent used for fun, they can each drop fuel use by several % each.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz