Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #31
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sixth Motorist Beats Trucam Speeding Fine...

My thinking is if I'm doing 100 in a 60 zone and pass a hidden speed camera, then a bit down the road have a fatal speed related accident, how has that camera saved a life, whether mine or someone else's...?

The government factors speed camera revenue into their budgets. Therefore speed cameras are for revenue raising purposes. Most people wouldn't hate them as much if they would just admit it.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #32
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fact people are missing is that pretty much no other country on the planet has speed control like Australia. The government knows you can't just cross into another country and see how everyone driving at 80km/h in 50km/h zones isn't causing mass carnage. That is why speed cameras fail in Britain. The Brits drive through a tunnel and see that zero speed cameras and zero speed enforcement doesn't cause mass carnage. People drive to the conditions and are courteous, rather than driving to a sign and being ******.

More and more people have traveled overseas now with the high Aussie dollar. Those people have seen how much more efficiently traffic moves at higher speeds, and the police targeting dangerous manoeuvres rather than speed only.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #33
nstg8a

I received a trucam ticket in the mail the other day, I've elected for my day in court to contest it.
Three main reasons, the photo shows nothing, other than a photo of my car driving along the road. And two, I believe the time to be incorrect as we went out for breakfast, yet the photo was apparently taken at 11.13am. A long time after we had driven up that road, and finally, I don't believe I was speeding when I drove up that road. At least two hours earlier than what is alleged.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #34
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
I received a trucam ticket in the mail the other day, I've elected for my day in court to contest it.
Three main reasons, the photo shows nothing, other than a photo of my car driving along the road. And two, I believe the time to be incorrect as we went out for breakfast, yet the photo was apparently taken at 11.13am. A long time after we had driven up that road, and finally, I don't believe I was speeding when I drove up that road. At least two hours earlier than what is alleged.
This is why threads like this exist you snivelling little Johnny Do Rights of the "don't speed and you won't get fined" mantra. Far too many innocents are being slugged for nothing, and they probably number in the hundreds of thousands, bankrolling the govco gravy train to nowhere.

Govco needs to be shown who is boss.

I wish you all the best when you have your day in court nstg8a
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #35
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
My thinking is if I'm doing 100 in a 60 zone and pass a hidden speed camera, then a bit down the road have a fatal speed related accident, how has that camera saved a life, whether mine or someone else's...?

The government factors speed camera revenue into their budgets. Therefore speed cameras are for revenue raising purposes. Most people wouldn't hate them as much if they would just admit it.
This has been a massive thing on my mind also. What would happen?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #36
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So we can all be more like the USA ? no thank you. this was put to the public and they said no, accept the will of the people and move on
Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
We need a Bill of Rights ASAP.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #37
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did everyone miss the fact that he WAS pinged on the SAME stretch of road within an hour . Ha speed kills hey , I wonder if he continued on his merry way and god forbid ran over a pedestrian that the government would be liable . After all they did have the opportunity to stop the "criminal" beforehand . To my way of thinking in this day and age it won't be long before the good ole no win no fee fellas direct their attention to this area . I certainly wouldn't be happy to find out a loved one had been run over by a person who has had there picture taken moments before. As someone said there is no deterrent until 4 weeks later . That may be fine for the 5 k over brigade but it doesn't stop a person who is ****ed , drugged or mentally unstable driving to their destination . The only way of picking those up are by being out there on the road and SEEING them.
To those of you that abide by speed cameras , that is your prerogative . However , I would much prefer a mobile visible deterrent on the roads that really matter ,not a freeway that has NO chance of a head on , or an overtaking lane that is straight and well marked where people have to exceed the limit to pass ignorant tossers who can magically develop the ability to drive when not faced with a oncoming truck !
Final word , followed a yellow HSV hwy patrol car thru 60 k r/works at g/coast last week . 70 K ? vehicle on a section you would be lucky if you could hit 140 with the traffic volumes . Bloody idiots have no idea.
By the time I posted this someone has brought up the same theory . All I can say is most of the trends in the U.S tend to be copied here moreso legal ones . I for one despise it however it appears to be a growth industry so who knows !

Last edited by GREGL; 18-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post