Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Happyone

Default TMI Saddle Consoles - I found a good supplier

Guys,

After trying to source one of these local from a few local suppliers and not having any real joy getting answers or even returned phone calls in some cases. That's another story in itself !!

I have managed to find a dealer on Ebay who had a similar one for sale. After a bit of email communication back and forth he ended up going to the trouble of sourcing the right one that I wanted from TMI and is now also selling them on Ebay as a standard line item.

Noting: Saddle consoles are one of those things ... you either like one style over the other for any given reason.

One of the points, that I like about the TMI saddle console is that the lid actually fits in (moulded) between the side wall of the console - being the vintage I am, I remembered one of the problems that I had many years ago with various cars that I owned that had an arm pad console, is that the arm pad hinge can be damaged easily by constantly applying a little bit of pressure sideways (the hinge or screws bugger up) - I saw in my mind’s eye that with this model TMI products has tried to assist with that not occurring by having the side of the console come up so that the pad actually partially locks in place stopping side way movement once in the down position ... but each to their own on that !!

The cup holder configuration is a little odd being in front and back rather than side on but my Aurion is set up the same way and works fine …so it was no issue to me having the cup set up either way!

I just gone mine via shipping last week and can't believe how good the quality is, So will take a good picture of it when I get a chance and post it up.

Very reliable in terms of dealing with this guy based on my experience. He did everything he stated he was going to do and on time.

The Ebay seller has asked me to pass on the word if anyone else wants one - to which I am happy to do.

He can get them to suit any muscle cars - so drop him a line if need be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-66-67-6...0e19f1&vxp=mtr

1968 J-Code

A hearse has no tow ball !
Happyone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post