Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
UKFPV

Default Help A Pom?

Hi guys

I have recently treated myself to a UK registered from new one owner 2003 FPV ute (no. 19) with just 8,200 kms on the clock, having driven AU derivative LPG utes since they were first supplied to the UK in limited numbers circa 2002. I spotted the FPV advertised and errrr…. simply ‘had to’ have it!

Anyway, the FPV is mint as you would expect for such a low kms example, however, the previous owner has managed to, when raising and lowering the hard tonneau cover, crack the rear spoiler along it’s length. Having contacted Bayford (my usual parts supplier) I have established this part is obsolete for the ‘flat’ hard tonneau cover fitted as standard to my vehicle, which I am hoping is where you guys/ladies may be able to help? Does anybody have an FPV supplied rear spoiler they are willing to let go or can maybe obtain from a donor vehicle? I’d appreciate any help – it’s a little difficult doing it from the UK. Only stipulation is the item must be mint – I can obviously sort the paint colour in the UK but I wouldn’t want to dress up a bad part

Thanks and regards from the UK (the true home of tea)

Last edited by UKFPV; 27-01-2014 at 08:06 PM.
UKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Default Re: Help A Pom?

Can't have it plastic welded by a bumper repairer?
eBay Aus has a copy in fibreglass.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obsolete already is not good enough on a car that old.

Will have a look around for one
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME View Post
Obsolete already is not good enough on a car that old.

Will have a look around for one
10yrs from manufacture is the standard warranty period where parts must be supplied. Think about all the parts that have come and gone in that time and you can see why they don't have all of them.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
10yrs from manufacture is the standard warranty period where parts must be supplied. Think about all the parts that have come and gone in that time and you can see why they don't have all of them.
I thought it was only 6 years
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
UKFPV

Yeah, I've considered that XRtowcar, but in my mind it's covering up a 'problem' so I'd rather source a good'n and be careful with it. The vehicle is a 'toy' for me so if it starts good it'll stay that way

And yes T4ME I was astonished at the obsolete status of this part, and not wishing to be dramatic a bit concerned with regard to the future supply of parts etc - BA's/BF's etc have only been out of production for what 3 or 4 years? I appreciate you keeping an eye out

Also guys, I've got an 'owners manual' (from the FPV owner pack which you receive with a new vehicle) but that's it - I assume it should come with a service schedule book ready for dealer stamping and audio book etc? I'd obviously like the complete 'pack' as I believe the service schedule book details maintenance data and the like. Can anybody advise or let me know where I can get a BA 2003 FPV Pursuit pack without being stung for a shed load of cash? I rang Prodrive here in the UK for some oil specifications (power steering, clutch, brake and engine) but I am advised they recently severed their ties with FPV

Thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
And all the other parts ford has discontinued earlier?
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fibresports?

www.fibresports.com.au
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

There are a few things that come into play when discontinuing parts, supplier issues, cost involved to profit gained, age, quantity of parts sold. It's not always as simple as once it has hit 10 years assess the viability of producing parts.

OT: Have you considered a fibreglass copy? On bumper bars it's a bit of a hit and miss but something like your rear spoiler should be fine.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
Poorboy_racer

Can easily get Hap hazard Haynes manuals (or equivalent) for B.A.s here, if that’s any help.

Also this place is just up the road from me: http://www.spoilershop.com.au/store/...od&productId=6

Where in the UK are you? A mate of mine is flying into Heathrow soon.
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I think he means he wants the specific FPV service schedule booklet to finish off the Dealer supplied folder that came with the ute.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #12
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How could the hardlid spoiler have been used enough to do that damage in 8200km? Also, not having that booklet rings some alarm bells too.. ? Can you show some more pics of interior and engine bay etc. I'm of the impression that KM may not be genuine.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

I bought a new May build 2003 Pursuit (No. 023) with the hard lid & spoiler (which were standard back then) There was a heap of trouble with these early hardlids and spoilers. Mine was held up for ages with supplier dramas.
The spoiler which was 2 posts was as flimsy as, and you had to be pretty careful opening the hardlid (the spoiler being the "handle" to lift open the lid)
I knew of a few that were replaced under warranty due to cracking..
Sometime down the track FPV changed suppliers for these and also went to 3 posts (one in the middle)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #14
UKFPV

Thanks Charliewool, being no. 19 and looking at the supply invoice mine was also a May build, and yes because the lid fits quite tightly around the tub the spoiler has obviously been used as the handle hence the cracking. I also run an AU ute with a Ford power bulge EGR lid and spoiler, which because it doesn't fit as tight around the tub enables the lid itself to be used as the handle. The vehicle will not be used for any 'real work' as it may down under, so I'd like to get an original item and be careful with it

Thanks Poorboy_racer, I do live around the Heathrow area but as Mechan1k suggests I would like the FPV service booklet from the original owners pack supplied with these vehicles (for no other reason than just to have everything complete)

There are no issues on the kms front - here in the UK we have periodic vehicle checks (I think you have some 'coloured ticket' system) where mileage/kms are recorded etc, and I have these with the vehicle, and in any event the vehicle's condition matches the odometer reading, what with the amount of salt that goes down on a road over a typical UK Winter it is quite clear to a keen eye whether a car is genuine or not - it's the real deal. I'll do some photos at some point

Regards

Last edited by UKFPV; 27-01-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
UKFPV

Sorry Boza, forgot you!

I'll contact fibresports - being a bit of an originality nutter I would like a Ford replacement item - would it have been Ford stamped? Made by EGR perhaps? I assume fibresports are aftermarket pattern parts but I'll give them a bell - does anybody know who made the original?

Cheers
Old 05-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

UKFPV, perhaps try this company, they were AFF sponsors and supply new and used parts: http://www.ftgautosalvage.com.au/
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
UKFPV

Will do Silver Ghia. Thanks