Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Ranger T6, EcoSport Spied In Denver

Hey guys, an undisguised Ranger support vehicle was spotted with camoed Ecosport and two Fusion sedans in Colorado.
I'm unable to see whether Fusions are RHDs but if so, does this signal a change of supplier for FoA?

LINK

jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ranger T6, EcoSport Spied In Denver

Parked in a car park with bonnets up?

Sounds like a marketing ploy? Instead someone took pictures as they drove past instead of getting out to take piccies of the engines/ interiors up close??

Were they worried the "mall police" would come out running after them? lol

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Sometimes amateur photographers don't realise what they are taking photos of until they look at the pictures afterwards...
Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I love reading the comments at the bottom of the page. The Yanks love the Ranger and want a down sized truck cause the F150 is too big.

But Detroit says it wasn't invented here so bugger off. One Ford is a total crock of shizz in some instances like this.

I think they'd just be embarrased because onroad the Ranger would absolutely destroy the F series and make it look like the road barge it really is.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Drizz06
XR50th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I love reading the comments at the bottom of the page. The Yanks love the Ranger and want a down sized truck cause the F150 is too big.

But Detroit says it wasn't invented here so bugger off. One Ford is a total crock of shizz in some instances like this.

I think they'd just be embarrased because onroad the Ranger would absolutely destroy the F series and make it look like the road barge it really is.
I agree, The rest of the world must adopt the 'One Ford' deal or shut up shop to save a cent everywhere they can.
but the US still does there own thing regardless of cost and potential savings.
Those yanks are right Ford is crazy not to offer a diesel ranger to there customers as a smaller choice to the ever growing F150.
There just gonna keep losing sales to the smaller perfectly capable Jap trucks.
Runabout- 1997 XH longreach in white.
Project- 1976 ZH fairlane 500
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I dont think Ford is willing to give up the 'small' pickup market to Chevy and Toyota...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Oh blah, blah, blah, Ranger is a mid sized truck F150 is a full sized truck.
In the USA, mid sized truck market has collapsed to about a third of its size ten years ago,
a decision was made in 2006 not to go with T6 ranger but to off lay customers onto different products.

See Ford USA's data told them the bulk of old Ranger sales were for people looking for low cost transport
in the &15K to $20K price range, they have decided to move people into either fiesta, SUVs or F150 and
close down the Ranger plant. Closing that plant, BOF Crown victoria and BOF Explorer saved Ford a fortune.

Latest intel says the new era F150 out in 2014 will be slightly smaller and a lot lighter, going after
more of the mid sized market while removing a lot of existing overlap with F250 Super Duty Range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
I dont think Ford is willing to give up the 'small' pickup market to Chevy and Toyota...
Yes they are because at best, there's no money in it and at worst, Ranger would merely take
sales away from the existing f150 which is banging along at a around 35,000 sales a month....

Last edited by jpd80; 08-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
Buntz
Straight Eight

Those Fusions are LHD. Pretty sure they all are.

However I think Fusions Hybrid powertrains might be the go in Australia as opposed to the diesel Mondeo. It would really set Ford apart.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

The F Truck debate is getting tired I don't want to read it in every Ford based thread.
Guys lets just run with the topic as posted by the OP.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #10
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Ranger T6 has been in Colorado before. It was tested there as part of the world-wide testing. There is no chance of it replacing the F-150, but the 3.2L I-5 will be in the Transit for North America, and there is a chance the Ranger will be sold in North America along with the F-series, to compete with the Tacoma, Frontier, and Colorado. Chrysler/Ram is also bringing a replacement for the Dakota. The problem is, you can't sell a midsize here for $40k-50k, so they have to find a way to make it work.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think the 3.2 I5 TD will be in the US transits. I think it will only get an Ecoboost V6.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=36132

Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like they announced the 3.2 I5 TD the other day. Will get Urea injection and DPF to meet emissions over there however.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...ption-unveiled

Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Saw a single cab camo'd up Ranger on the Eastern Freeway this week... Any clues why they'd still be running engineering mules around here? Long term durability testing ?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I see at least one every day down here. Long term durability testing most likely as you said, or possibly running updated parts that need testing?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post