Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #31
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Default Re: New Mazda 6 / Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Since when is the MPS a proper AWD? It's a front bias if I've ever seen one.
All I can say is drive one, I'm not going to convince you with forum comments. I had exactly the same opinion. Check out the Top Gear review of the car on Facetube, turn the traction control of and it's easier to do 4 wheel drift than my friends 2010 STI (not saying it's as better car, just easier to get sideway due to the wheel tyre combo).

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #32
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMO Mazda jumped the shark after the first gen 6 and 3. Everything since then just seems a little forced. And the back end of the new sedan does look like an i45...
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Not a fan of the styling.Mondeo kills it in terms of looks.

First review I read of it reckons that its a bit of a backwards step in terms of driving dynamics too from the previous 6, which I liked the look of. Big advance in tech though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #34
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Not a fan of the styling.Mondeo kills it in terms of looks.

First review I read of it reckons that its a bit of a backwards step in terms of driving dynamics too from the previous 6, which I liked the look of. Big advance in tech though.
Ive read similar reviews. Boot space, or lack of for such a large car has been noted by many test drivers.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
All I can say is drive one, I'm not going to convince you with forum comments. I had exactly the same opinion. Check out the Top Gear review of the car on Facetube, turn the traction control of and it's easier to do 4 wheel drift than my friends 2010 STI (not saying it's as better car, just easier to get sideway due to the wheel tyre combo).
Yeah im not doubting the cars ability at all. At least it prob wont torque steer like the 3 MPS does.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #36
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
But that's because the STi is a proper AWD car. If you want to do drifting, then get a RWD.

Personally I would not get an AWD car if I had drifting in mind.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #37
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

I didn't get it to drift, daily drive and ocassional club racing at Calder and Phillip Island. Just highlighting the balance of the car, most people (in cluding myself in the past) associate AWD with understeer. A well setup chassis doesn't necessarily do that. In a previous life a friend purchaced a Pulsur GTiR and I managed to beat him going up Arthurs Seat (very twisty road going up a mountain in Melbourne) in an overpowered, poorly balanced RWD car because he understeered crazy. This had put me off a AWD car for about 10 years, until I drove a few looking to upgrade the AU I wrote off. Had a read of Dean Evans comments about the 6 MPS, what it was like when he entered it in Targa Tassie a few years ago. Drove it on a nice road in anger and I was satisfied.

I'm now old enough to know I don't know everything and things that were accepted rules in the past are not necessarily the same anymore (not just cars, but I'm getting off topic).

With the tech Ford are able to throw in the Mondeo, it "should" be better value than the Mazda. I just fear we will have major supply issues into Australia due to demand in Europe and miss the boat when it's released globally. In a perfect world we should have access to the car 1-2 months after the UK release, with global overcapcity people on a better pay grade than myself should find a way to make it happen.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #38
Till_Lind
E-series fan

I think the one that has just been surpassed by this one had better rear treatment. Dadio has one in white and it's a handsome car, driver's seat fudged itself though.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #39
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
they may have one of the best cars on the market.
They already do. Falcon EcoBoost and EcoLPi.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
geehaa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sold on the look of the mazda at all - no need to wait for the new one, i reckon the old mondeo looks better.
geehaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #41
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntz View Post
They already do. Falcon EcoBoost and EcoLPi.
Best car in the market a one-trick pony does not make.
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post