Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
RASER
Banned

Default Re: Exporting the falcon

Here is at least 1 in UK

Bloody CHEAP too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...d=378950665871
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
DTFRMONT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
]
Would be a great car to tour Europe in, only problem would be finiding servos that sell LPG!
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #33
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFRMONT
Would be a great car to tour Europe in, only problem would be finiding servos that sell LPG!
Not at all, I have it on good authority that LPG is everywhere there,
they use different connections so would need an adapter.

If ever Ford USA wanted a Rear drive car for say, Lincoln then I think that they
would design their own which uses their North American parts bins and suppliers...

Last edited by jpd80; 25-08-2012 at 05:55 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #34
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

LPG is widely used in Europe, Italy is where most of the best LPG systems come from. I think Orbital is from Holland?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #35
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Europe - especially UK may be a "one Ford" world export market for the RHD car (along with some of our asian friends)

But I think either Ford Europe, or US, Or China should manufacture LHD for the rest of the world, based on Australian design.

We have the best Ford, but we may not be the best place to manufacture the LHD.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #36
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
Europe - especially UK may be a "one Ford" world export market for the RHD car (along with some of our asian friends)

But I think either Ford Europe, or US, Or China should manufacture LHD for the rest of the world, based on Australian design.

We have the best Ford, but we may not be the best place to manufacture the LHD.
China produces their own LWB VE (Buick Park Avenue) in LHD. I don't they would be holding together any worse than what comes out of Elizabeth.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #37
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm wondering When the V8 supercars go to Texas next year, if Ford will showcase some Australian Falcons to gauge the opinion from US consumers? They should
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #38
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Falcon took off in America, we do not have the capacity to supply them anyway. And they have the same problem as Australia, everyone wants all the gadgets, etc for a low driveaway price. I think Ford are heading down the right path with Territory exports to Thailand.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
Vormund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
If Falcon took off in America, we do not have the capacity to supply them anyway. And they have the same problem as Australia, everyone wants all the gadgets, etc for a low driveaway price. I think Ford are heading down the right path with Territory exports to Thailand.
Well wouldn't it be better to sell as many as you can produce rather than the situation we have now?

As for Thailand, it should do well there, and they love Aussie stuff too.
Vormund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV
I'm wondering When the V8 supercars go to Texas next year, if Ford will showcase some Australian Falcons to gauge the opinion from US consumers? They should
Yes, you would hopes so but i wonder how much of the US response would be "not invented here..."
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
They were planning 40,000 Pontiac G8's a year, so if Falcon sold there there's no reason Ford couldn't supply those sort of numbers. We were making that much 4 or 5 years ago. Would require a lot of hiring and re-balancing though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #42
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Would require a lot of hiring and re-balancing though.
What's this "hiring" you speak of? (tongue in cheek)

Rumor had it a few years ago Falcon would never be exported to the US as our plant could never handle the demand. Could be a load of BS though.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 28-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #43
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Like boss said, it would only be in niche volumes these days. The assembly plant has a theoretical capacity of 120,000 units p/a so supply shouldnt be an issue.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 28-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #44
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Like boss said, it would only be in niche volumes these days. The assembly plant has a theoretical capacity of 120,000 units p/a so supply shouldnt be an issue.
All good and well, but i think you will find FOMOCO in USA has already made its mind up, the Falcon is dead.

You can see the death line through the years, PanelVan, LTD, FairLane[not farm], Wagon, next will be the sedan/ute and by asssociation the Terri.

They will just do Asian region engineering and imports here in AUS, just a matter of time.

Thats the way of the world today.
Old 28-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #45
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
All good and well, but i think you will find FOMOCO in USA has already made its mind up, the Falcon is dead.

You can see the death line through the years, PanelVan, LTD, FairLane[not farm], Wagon, next will be the sedan/ute and by asssociation the Terri.

They will just do Asian region engineering and imports here in AUS, just a matter of time.

Can you back any of that up with proof, or is it just typical forum negative drivel?
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #46
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Yes, you would hopes so but i wonder how much of the US response would be "not invented here..."
Yeah but if they didn't, they'd be disenfranchising customers, and themselves by not getting a reaction from the public. Especially when they're asking 'whats this FALCON thing going around the track?' It would be foolish not to bring say, an XR, GT and G6E to the event to get some feedback from American consumers.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #47
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:

I think you will find you're mistaken.

Old 28-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #48
RASER
Banned

Unhappy Re: Exporting the falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I think you will find you're mistaken.
Well i hope on this rare and single time i am wrong.

But alas the sales figures for the Falcon dont lie unfortunatly
Old 28-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
justrod

MAYBE if the dollar was devalued,ford increased production they might have a change overseas but they are up against some real big guns in other car makers. but unfortunatly i can see the death of a good product
justrod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #50
RASER
Banned

Question Re: Exporting the falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrod
MAYBE if the dollar was devalued,ford increased production they might have a change overseas but they are up against some real big guns in other car makers. but unfortunatly i can see the death of a good product
Funny you should mention that, i was talking to a enginnering guy from FoA [BTW, they are looking for employees!]

His opinion was that China employees are getting rich and richer [in line with the Communist Party to lift the wages and buying power of the locals] and so the exports will get more and more expensive and so that the gap between them wont be so big...i think he is dreaming but anyway

One project he did mention they where working on is a wagon/suv fitted on the Ranger platform, like a Challenger is to the Triton, and the Pathfinder is to the Navara, not sure if for local market or just some Asia region

Time will tell, we shall see!
Old 28-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #51
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
His opinion was that China employees are getting rich and richer [in line with the Communist Party to lift the wages and buying power of the locals] and so the exports will get more and more expensive and so that the gap between them wont be so big...i think he is dreaming but anyway
You only have to look at inflation figures from China & the rest of the world, to work out China will catch up at some stage, only questions is.. How long will it take!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #52
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

There was an article in Bloomberg last month about this, and the prediction was that China's labor rates would equal or be close to equalling those in the US inside 10 years.

The T6 SUV was announced some 2 years ago and has been under development since. Supposed to make an appearance in 2013.

Old 29-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #53
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
I'd love to see it in the US! Police would, too.
i thought the police said it'd be too small? that's why instead of the commodore, they imported the Caprice LWB for police duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Its not made in the USA so its automatically crap and off the list.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag
It's not just the aussie dollaer that makes it unviable, it's the cost of our workforce.
You obviously didn't read the thread on here which showed the hourly rate of workers around the world, with Canada on top and Australia near the bottom of the 'First World'.
Old 29-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle

You obviously didn't read the thread on here which showed the hourly rate of workers around the world, with Canada on top and Australia near the bottom of the 'First World'.
You don't happen to remember what thread that was in by chance? Sick of the wages debate. A Ford worker is paid the same as any other bloody factory worker. In fact, for three years they had a pay freeze to keep Ford going. So when people say that Ford should close down because of high wages, you are wrong, it's because they keep building a car (Falcon) the market is pointedly telling them it doesn't want.............

I am sure if Ranger was built here in the 100,000 range like they are expected to sell worldwide, the wages wouldn't even be a issue because they would be producing a highly profitable car in high numbers.
Old 29-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #55
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Nobody says the workers get paid a lot for the country. The argument has been they get paid a lot for the automotive sector, particularly within the Asia-Pacific region.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #56
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Compared to the Asia-Pacific region, probably. Compared with workers un European and North American Ford plants, definitely not.