Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Default BF Cobra 1.18 scale car

hi all i got a BF Cobra model car do they come with COA or not ? i Got a BF Cobra model car with no COA :-(. How many of you do collect model cars ?

ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: BF Cobra 1.18 scale car

Certificate? why would it come with one?

Was it a limited edition model released with Fords permission?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

sorry i was talking about Diecast !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Yes they came with a COA.
Many of them were damaged from the factory & had to go back. Biante were going to scrap the damaged ones, re-make them & send them back to the customers.
Mine was one of them that had to go back to Biante, but I never got a new one back as a replacement, & the model shop had to give me my money back, I'm now left with none.

I've since found out, Biante repaired the ones that went back (glued up the broken parts), & resold them as repaired models without the COA.
If you have one with a COA in good condition you're lucky, & their worth a mint as they are very rare now, (was a limited edition of 500, & I think just over half got sent back). The 1/18th Cobra utes were also damaged, I think only about 40 of them survived, the remaining ones are selling for up to $1300.

I'm so angry & disappointed with Biante, but don't think I can do anything about it. I was one of the first people to pre-order mine, & had to wait 18 months for it to be manufactured & delivered, only to find it was damaged & had to be sent back. I had to wait another 7 months for a new one, only to find they weren't coming, so the model shop gave me my money back, after having it for over 2 years, (no I didn't get any interest payment). I wanted one to go with my real 1.1 scale FPV BF2 Cobra, paid up & patiently waited over 2 years for it, now to be left with none, through no fault of my own.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have an XR8 BF ute, but unfortunately Biante didn't release a ute xr8, so i bought a xr8 260 sedan and a FPV 290 ute and i'm planning to combine them so i end up with a replica of my vehicle.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes they come with a COA, i was lucky enough to get 5 of them... 2 cobra sedans, 2 40ths and a 1 ute...

One of my cobra sedans did not come with a COA.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post