Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
joh040
Jonno

Default Decisions, decisions... Input Appreciated

Hi guys, i have found a BF XR6T 6SP ZF in a local yard for $18.990. One genuine older owner 80,000kms full service.

Got my heart set on one of these, if im patient i could possibly get one privately for $16k plus but it will have well over 100,000kms.

Any feedback/suggestions appreciated, i could probly get the yard advertising this car down to $18,000 on road.

Cheers, Jonno

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ba.JPG (29.7 KB, 120 views)
joh040 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
joh040
Jonno

Default Re: Decisions, decisions... Input Appreciated

P.S it's an 05/2006 build
Old 15-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are set on an XR6T and you find a good one take it. I would suggest getting the car inspected first and if you think it is a good buy and you can afford it. Buy it.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Do you plan on modding it? 06/06 onwards have the f6 internals.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

times are tuff screw them on the price and forget any extended warrantee crap
Old 15-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
joh040
Jonno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Do you plan on modding it? 06/06 onwards have the f6 internals.
yeah i figured that much, but i wouldn't wanna go anymore than 300RWKW i think the BF I with ZF 6 speed is still capable of this without spending an arm and a leg.

And i have to draw the dollar line somewhere

I can';t believe how cheap insurance is for these, i'm 29 good history and full comp is only $800. I initially had my heart set on a VE SS ute and they wanted upwards of $1500
Old 15-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
joh040
Jonno

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
times are tuff screw them on the price and forget any extended warrantee crap
That's why i find this one appealing, being in a yard (subaru/audi dealership) it was traded by an older couple on a prestige car. I get the warranty, it was brought new locally and is UN-MODDED. and was gonna attempt $17k and work from there
Old 15-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Jack960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only problem is the older previous owned may not have flogged it and ran it in. You get it, flaw it and it won't be used to it. Can be bad
Jack960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My advise is to wait, theres plenty of them out there, some better then others. While your waiting prices will come down as the cars continue to depreciate.

If you cant wait and really want this car make that low offer and see what happens. Make sure you have the money/finance ready to back up your offer and take $500 as a cash deposit with you. Show the salesman the cash when you make the offer so he knows your serious. Tell him its one of 3 XR6T's that your looking at today. Be prepared to walk away, if he thinks your emotionaly attached to the car they will play on that and want to push the price up. Have a firm attitude when you make the offer, wave the deposit in his face and see what happens.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh040
yeah i figured that much, but i wouldn't wanna go anymore than 300RWKW i think the BF I with ZF 6 speed is still capable of this without spending an arm and a leg.

I can';t believe how cheap insurance is for these, i'm 29 good history and full comp is only $800. I initially had my heart set on a VE SS ute and they wanted upwards of $1500
Utes are always dearer to insure as they are more likely to get damaged... E.g. tradies / worksites... How many VE SS utes do you see floating around with dinted tailgates? Lots!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
joh040
Jonno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Utes are always dearer to insure as they are more likely to get damaged... E.g. tradies / worksites... How many VE SS utes do you see floating around with dinted tailgates? Lots!
True..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPete
My advise is to wait, theres plenty of them out there, some better then others. While your waiting prices will come down as the cars continue to depreciate.

If you cant wait and really want this car make that low offer and see what happens. Make sure you have the money/finance ready to back up your offer and take $500 as a cash deposit with you. Show the salesman the cash when you make the offer so he knows your serious. Tell him its one of 3 XR6T's that your looking at today. Be prepared to walk away, if he thinks your emotionaly attached to the car they will play on that and want to push the price up. Have a firm attitude when you make the offer, wave the deposit in his face and see what happens.
I like the way you think.. iv'e seen non turbo xr6 FG's go for early $20k's
Old 15-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The reason for the insurance to be cheaper is that end of the day it is a 6 and not an 8 like the SS. Get a price for a XR8 it will be up with the SS.
Old 15-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
joh040
Jonno

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
The reason for the insurance to be cheaper is that end of the day it is a 6 and not an 8 like the SS. Get a price for a XR8 it will be up with the SS.
Agreed i'm surprised they can justify that with the power output of the turbo six potentially more potent than the 8 anyway
Old 15-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Agreed i'm surprised they can justify that with the power output of the turbo six potentially more potent than the 8 anyway
It is not just power output, it also comes down to repair cost.

I got a BA GT and had a BA XT. The XT was very cheap to repair compared to repairing the BOSS motor.

Also take into account who buys these cars and who has claims. Most people with mods and such are insured through Just car and Shannon’s. The family insurers like AAMI, RACV, NRMA will avoid modded cars. So people who insure with them with cars such as XR6T will have cheaper premiums because most people who drive them are not after huge power and jsut make small claims, such as car park accidents.
Old 15-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be checking the books to get the name of the owner and ringing them.I[ve heard the older couple story far too often.

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
joh040
Jonno

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW XRT
I'd be checking the books to get the name of the owner and ringing them.I[ve heard the older couple story far too often.
He he, typical card yard stunt there