Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Default Re: under cover cops raceing...can thay.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey
I think the Camry's are more of a detective cars. I still see a lot of unmarked Commodores out on the Sturt Highway near where I live.
I have seen a Black F6 and a few Aurions. Nice colours though

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

Old 21-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza
u being sarcastic.
so if i go do a advance driving thing means i am a top driver. And v8 supercar drivers can speed and do bournouts on public roads as well
I believe the point was, HWP are trained and (repeatedly) tested in order to retain their role in high speed pursuit. Their training far exceeds that of someone attending a skidpan on a weekend and it's constantly under review.

End of the day, I'd prefer a HWP officer line up a clown at a red light and pull them over when they bite rather than having to deal with said clown who thinks its their god given right to goad me into dragging them from the lights.

How does it make them better than the people doing it? (I had to plug your original message into Google Translate to come close...) I guess you could use the same argument as to why police act like drug addicts to catch drug dealers. It removes the unwanted element from society, making it somewhat safer for the rest of us.
Old 21-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #33
rvsm
Banned

OP needs to go back to school and learn to spell.
Old 21-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 

Whether it is legal or not I have seen the police bait people into racing them. I have only seen them speed in pursuit...

Is it any different to the undercover drug dealer or the undercover cop posing as a 14 year old girl on a chat forum?
Old 21-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #35
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6T0Y
First of all you need to learn how to spell words properly, seriously wow.

And what, you think you're a good driver? I know i'm not very experienced , and there is no way in hell i'd say that I am.
But you know as well as anyone else, that they are damn good drivers (and OH MY GOD, THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU, HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE!?)

And if you're stupid enough to try and race on roads, you deserve to be caught. Stop bashing Police maybe?
yes i do and iam sorry if my spelling is not up to date. Never said i was a better driver and iam not baging the police. Thay are here to inforce the law and i respect that and if u brake it well be it. But what makes them better then us when thay are braking the law thay inforce. Tell me that. And u cant say u have nerver dragd some one or dun bournouts.
Bf xr8 yellow 6speed auto.
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Shaker scoop,cams,full twin pipe exhaust set up,rims,and more.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #36
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I believe the point was, HWP are trained and (repeatedly) tested in order to retain their role in high speed pursuit. Their training far exceeds that of someone attending a skidpan on a weekend and it's constantly under review.

End of the day, I'd prefer a HWP officer line up a clown at a red light and pull them over when they bite rather than having to deal with said clown who thinks its their god given right to goad me into dragging them from the lights.

How does it make them better than the people doing it? (I had to plug your original message into Google Translate to come close...) I guess you could use the same argument as to why police act like drug addicts to catch drug dealers. It removes the unwanted element from society, making it somewhat safer for the rest of us.
what do you.. said clown...

clowns male and female in VY commy wearing baseball caps reapetedly goad you at many sets of lights..

4 am youre heading home after a long night.. go away leave me alone..

another set of lights.. razzing you up..

light em up GT style... red & blues..

they were actually quite apologetic.. they knew they stuffed up egging on..

i think they learnt a lesson as well that night......
Old 21-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #37
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Quote:
And u cant say u have nerver dragd some one or dun bournouts.
Um, I can because I never have. Why would I need to? To waste 275$ per tyre? I have better stuff to waste my money on. I never turn the traction control off, and I don't 'drag' people at lights because it's idiotic. Why, because the distance between the lights near me are like 100 meters. What do I gain out of it? A possible fine, road rage? If I want too do something like that, I'll go to Sydney to a track or strip

Anyway, who says they are 'breaking' the law? They are baiting. They arent breaking any laws by doing so.

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

Last edited by XR6T0Y; 21-05-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #38
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
i believe Thats considered entrapment. However if you Dont challenge it in court they would get away with it
you've been watching too much american tv . there are no entrapment laws in australia

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 21-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #39
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yes i do and iam sorry if my spelling is not up to date. Never said i was a better driver and iam not baging the police. Thay are here to inforce the law and i respect that and if u brake it well be it. But what makes them better then us when thay are braking the law thay inforce. Tell me that. And u cant say u have nerver dragd some one or dun bournouts.

Still didnt answer my question.... how did you know they were plain clothes police?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 21-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #40
FLYXR8

yer ok
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Old 21-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #41
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People need to learn the difference between 'unmarked' and 'undercover' for a start.

Just because a car is unmarked doesnt mean it is there to trap you into speeding to book you. Most of them are transport for higher ranking officers and general 'non-traffic' duties, they do however book you if you happen to speed and thy see you.

I do beleive there are police officers that may try to bait you into racing, but how can this be considered entrapment, entrapment would be if the officer said, 'drive over the speed limit or I'll shoot you in the face' but by baiting you they are not taking awa y your choice at all, if you are mature and not stupid, you wont take the bait and you have nthing to worry about.

And to answer the question 'under cover cops raceing...can thay...' I would say that they obviously can, because they do.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4150126
Old 21-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #42
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
you've been watching too much american tv . there are no entrapment laws in australia
As above.

Also makes me laugh when people refer to unmarked police cars as 'undercuva copz' because theyre not, the undercover ones are the ones in sting operations etc.

Just because theyre not advertising the fact that they are police officers in the carbdoesnt mean that they are actively pretending not to be.

Same goes for entrapment, entrapment is when you are not given a choice 'damned if you do, damned if you dont.'

Some people have been watching too much Law & Order or Reno 911 or CSI or whatever.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
FLYXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Still didnt answer my question.... how did you know they were plain clothes police?
didnt see it. And lil things like seen a cop then he just left then this car rockd up draging everone that would go him. Lookd like a cop. Didnt see a cop till he left. Uther ppl i was with and stuff. As said not sure there were things that seemd suss and not. I no its there job but do thay relly need to go this way. And yes i no if we didnt do it we would not get done for it
MODS
Sports exhaust
Mods coming
Old 21-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #44
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they werent cops..
Old 21-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #45
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i have met some guys and grils that would drive round them all day long...
Yeah I've met Frosty and Lowndesy too.
Old 21-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #46
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He "looked" like a cop?
You didnt see it?
Youre basing this on looks???
And you didnt see it?

A cop leaves, then a car arrives and wants to race and he looked like a cop??

Ah... ok enjoy your thread.. im outta here!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 21-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #47
FG_Frodza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just this..
Old 21-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #48
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG_Frodza
People need to learn the difference between 'unmarked' and 'undercover' for a start.......
This is what an "undercover" one looks like >

Old 21-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #49
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unmarked cops revving their engines or flooring it away from the lights is ok., They find the true idiots that way. Which is a win win for everyone.

But when they tailgate you, follow and intimidate you for no reason, that is not acceptable.

My Girlfriends friend was driving home late one night. She was a P plater and noticed a car following her close behind for an unusual amount of time. It made her feel uncomfortable so she turned down some back streets to get away. She continued to obey all laws. The tailgating car stuck to her *** corner for corner. She become frightened and tried to speed up to get away. They pulled her over and I am pretty sure she lost her licence since P1 drivers lose their licence for any speeding infractions, even just 5km/h over. When they were issuing her with the fine they were also being smart asses and having a go at her. Those particular cops are absolute %^$ scumbags. Harassing normal people who are obeying the law is not right.
No, I am not cop bashing. Every cop I have personally delt with has been fine. Some off them were actually entertaining people to talk to. But the cops who were harassing my girlfriends friend should not have a job.
Old 21-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #50
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

undercover......
Old 21-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #51
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
But when they tailgate you, follow and intimidate you for no reason, that is not acceptable.
Agreed.
Old 21-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #52
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 21-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #53
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Going no where.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread