Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: All Vic fines to rise by 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
For someone that labelled speed cameras a "cashcow" before being elected, old Ted's certainly changed his tune?
Just saw the news that all fines will rise by 15% in the upcomming state budget..
This is the same guy that said we won't be getting any more speed cameras and their first act was to put 25 more in. So not surprised by this.
Old 30-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #32
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got to love Tanti Ted, has he done one good thing yet?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #33
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773
Driving at inappropriate speeds for conditions can and does kill. Either the occupants of your car if a single vehicle smash or all cars in multiple smashes. See "Peter Brock" or "Mr Senna" Having said that, I will say once more, concentrate on where you are on the road and make an effort to be aware of ALL signs on the side of the road. Then you will know what speed you should be doing so you deserve whatever you get when you get pinged for being over the posted limit. If you want to exceed the posted speed limit on the Nullabor plain or in downtown whever you live, you have asked for the fine. Don't winge about revenue raising...keep to the speed limit and there will be no speed fine revenue for any state gov't or "public servant". Speed kills...your wallet/bank account as well as people. In line with the topic, I would not be worried if the fines were doubled. Just make me take even more care on the roads
What????!!!!
Great piece of advice there, spend all your concentration energy on your placement on the roadway and the roadside signage rather than all the other vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, etc., that actually are on the road with you.....hmmmm
Old 30-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
And here in Aus, the majority dont give a crap or are brainwashed. GovCo knows they can get away with ANYTHING because people do not stand up. Sending in letters and voting in other pillocks does not count, letters fall on deaf ears, voting, well, its a case of dumb and dumber.

Why dont they just get rid of demerit points so they can just keep fining people, they will make ALOT more money this way. Especially in SA.
This is one of the reasons of my move to the land of the Alps.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dissappointing, seems like our poliies are only conerned with raising money. I would prefer them to look at reducing waste and improving their own efficiencies.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
Dr Jekkyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
VIC must be heading towards a recession. Seen 4 camera cars out and about across various suburbs around Melbourne today. Flashing all oncoming cars always gets the hand of appreciation.
Actually you have hit the nail on the head. Victoria is headed for recession, in fact it probably is already there.

The Vic govt became complacent with respect to volatile income sources related to the property sector. It factored in income from these as a certainty despite an obvious asset bubble forming.

Now that bubble is deflating they have to make up the shortfall.

That shortfall is big. This is just the beginning.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #37
tfc
TFC

Anyone that thinks this is actually related to safety is kidding themselves! I can hear the cash registers ringing already!
tfc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post