Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #31
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: ecoboost torture test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
All the 4x4 tests I've read in 4x4 magazines containing the Silverado, Ram and F250/350 always sees the Ford coming out on top. The only thing the Silverado has is a slightly faster 0-100km/h time, but put a 5 tonne load on the back and the Ford regains the lead due to it's superior torque. 1085Nm @ 1600rpm will do that, .
yes i agree but if you do a utube search checy did some of there own "tests" that they call REAL world tests...having a go at fords tests....and in theres the chevy smashed the others....but like i said...it was found out to be a scam because of the certain control circumstances they did the test under to hand the chevy the win. DODGY HUH
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #32
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

LPG Direct injection with the 3.5 V6 EB would even allow more boost and generate even more power and low down torque. The technology is here now.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #33
1TUFFUTE
Banned

yes itll be good to see the next round of utube tests ford does. Seems like ford using utube in this day an age has payed off rather well for them...espescially with the Ftruck
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #34
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I don't care what anyone else says, seeing an engine with frost on it 1 second and melted frost the next and surviving the test many times, is Kudos.

Not many engines can out live that torture without blowing a head gasket. Particularly when it has alloys.
Thermal differences is what causes head gaskets to blow early. It's suprised me.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
yes i agree but if you do a utube search checy did some of there own "tests" that they call REAL world tests...having a go at fords tests....and in theres the chevy smashed the others....but like i said...it was found out to be a scam because of the certain control circumstances they did the test under to hand the chevy the win. DODGY HUH
The Silverado HD does have a stronger frame, and for some reason it beats the Ford in power at higher elevation. The Silverado also has a better exhaust brake. Those points are true, but the Super Duty is still a great truck, and does get better fuel economy especially when pulling a heavy load.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post