Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #31
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Default Re: A true Ford thread and why you like yours!

Deleted double post.
Old 19-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #32
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
I'm actually considering a trip to Australia this fall to witness the Bathurst 1000. I understand that the V8 Supercars rules are changing next year and the series will be more like US NASCAR in a bad way.

I'm trying to figure out if it's a crazy idea to visit Australia to see the race, but I won't bog down this topic with that.
Hey Moby, nothing crazy about coming down under for one of the greatest races in the world. Not to mention, you could back it up with a road trip up north to the Gold Coast 600 a couple of weekends later and see all the great country in between.
If you do come down, keep an eye out in the Events, Cruises and Get Togethers Section. I'm sure you'd be welcome to come along and meet up.
Although for Bathurst, you need to get your accommodation, or camp site booked well in advance, Gold Coast not so much, unless your staying in the immediate area.

Food for thought, welcome to the forum
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #33
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Well, I was going to PM this so as not to derail the topic, but it looks like I have to make 5 posts first.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice.

How far in advance are we talking for reserving a campsite? I've gone to the 12 Hours of Sebring every year since 2000. If you stay in a tent there, you just find some space and plop down. Only RVs get reserved spaces.

Is camping out the best way to see the Bathurst race? Sebring is a huge drunken party—the cars are mostly there for background noise.
Old 19-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #34
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
Is camping out the best way to see the Bathurst race? Sebring is a huge drunken party—the cars are mostly there for background noise.
If you want the 'true' atmosphere you need to camp, and yes it is a "huge drunken party" although they try to limit that.

Campsites are in huge demand and there has been fights in the past about campsites so they are allocated in advance

This year is 50 years of Bathrust so it is likely to be a big one.

See you there.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #35
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Back on topic, another reason to like Ford is that it is a true international brand with a history of developing vehicles specifically for different markets.

The variety of vehicles developed for North America, Europe, Australia, and South Africa is impressive. So many different types of Fords have rabidly loyal followings all over the globe.
Old 19-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #36
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so many memories. It's touching
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post