Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #31
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Where's Fords Advertising!!!!!

I see Ford ads every single day. Normally 4 times a day.
Haven't seen any about the awards they won. Still Ford ads are out there.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #32
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyk54
Exactly, and you know why? Because they have to move existing stock now that FGII is out. We all know that the production line makes more N/A XR6s than probably every other Falcon combined. Typical reactive marketing by a company who is truly incompetent at the aforementioned exercise.
So incompetent that they have been making a profit. You another useless expert on here.

As for advertising, Ford do advertise. They have been advertising the cars that are private selling cars to private buyers. While the fleet cars get targeted to the fleet managers (like LPG Falcon). Ford have a limited budget and they have to be smart with their advertising dollar. Mind you they really don't have that much stock to sell compared to Holden.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #33
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

holden are losing sales somewhere. I drive padt there every night and there yars are quite full and they dont seem to empty quickly. they had a yard out the side they filled up with the cruz hatch and they went quick but since then its been filled again and dribbles out, They are still runnin 3 shifts but have days off here and there. When i have my son in the car and we drive past there he ask's what it is and i tell him its satan's workshop LOL
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #34
1TUFFUTE
Banned

saw some adds this weekend on tv foxtell on facebook and just then in better homes and gardens mag.....pretty good for two days ive seen like 6-7 adds without even trying
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #35
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its probably a matter of how much Ford thinks they need to advertise to move their cars. From what i understand, Holden spend about $400 a car for advertising. Equate that equally to Ford and the Falcon and that leaves about $600,000 a month for the Falcon ad budget. $2500 a day for each state and territory in australia wont get you much tv or newspaper time (let alone money to make an ad).
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #36
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford all those whining about no advertising about all the awards... Take a look at www.ford.com.au...

Pretty good if you ask me.. And I'd say everyone buying a new car in this day & age looks at the webpage first!! Great advertising that is free & much better than any news paper, that is a dyeing form of media!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

^^ reminds me of the campaign that they had back in 06 when they were winning awards left right and centre.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #38
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper8
... I drive padt there every night and there yars are quite full and they dont seem to empty quickly. ...
if i read it right (and it's hard to read), holden yards full of stock is probably normal at this time of year. we have lots of stock this time of year so we can keep up supply during the xmas down time.

as for ford advertising, i'm kinda getting sick of that fiesta advert (the one with the bubbles and awful song).
Old 09-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #39
blk6t

Ford also do alot of product placement, take the GIO ad for example with the Tezza, those posters are everywhere. Or the TV show 'Rush', all Fords...
Old 09-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper8
holden are losing sales somewhere. I drive padt there every night and there yars are quite full and they dont seem to empty quickly. they had a yard out the side they filled up with the cruz hatch and they went quick but since then its been filled again and dribbles out, They are still runnin 3 shifts but have days off here and there. When i have my son in the car and we drive past there he ask's what it is and i tell him its satan's workshop LOL
LOL, when yoou produce close to 10,000 cars each month, you better sell more than 6,000
especially when export markets in South America , Middle East and USA have basically dried up.....

Holden are confirming that fleet sales in Australia dried up last month so I'm thinking they are
now in the same position Ford was a year ago with way too many Fleet XR6s..

At Broadmeadows these days, there's hardly any car on the grass, not much stock at all..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #41
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
^^ reminds me of the campaign that they had back in 06 when they were winning awards left right and centre.
I have NO IDEA.. I dont remember car campaigns from 5 years ago!!! Who does??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #42
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Today's carsguide has a full page advert on page 2
Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I have NO IDEA.. I dont remember car campaigns from 5 years ago!!! Who does??

I remember that campaign.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #44
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Im sure i saw a half page add the the herld last week with all the winners and a title "most awarded manufacturer".

They are most likely using the awards own energy first then when it dies own gently remind everyone.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #45
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
if i read it right (and it's hard to read), holden yards full of stock is probably normal at this time of year. we have lots of stock this time of year so we can keep up supply during the xmas down time.

as for ford advertising, i'm kinda getting sick of that fiesta advert (the one with the bubbles and awful song).
Word is Holden will be having down days next year.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #46
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ford had a FULL PAGE add in todays Hearald Sun today. "When does an LPG car beat the rest of the field? ...... When its a Falcon" was the punch line. Good to see Ford starting to push EcoLpi after stating that it was mainly aimed at fleets. Fords advertising seems to braoder than Holden/Toyota. Less TV and more product placement and internet adds (Caradvice.com.au for example). Can they do better, yes in my opinion. With Falcon, I think they need to reduce the focus on things like 6 airbags and bluetooth (all cars have this now) and remind consumers why Falcon has been a popular aussie family car for over 50 years, tug at the heart strings. How many other cars can tow a boat, have a large boot, roomy seating for five, lush ride and plenty of power to all of these things at once with ease (try that with a Rav4/X-Trail ect).
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #47
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Good to see Ford starting to push EcoLpi after stating that it was mainly aimed at fleets.
A couple of things...
1) As far as I'm aware it wasn't Ford who said they wouldn't push it for other than fleets, but members here did. Happy to be corrected though.
2) I'm guessing they were waiting for FG2 to come on-line before they pushed LPi; FG1 LPi weren't built in great numbers.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #48
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
A couple of things...
2) I'm guessing they were waiting for FG2 to come on-line before they pushed LPi; FG1 LPi weren't built in great numbers.
This is what I always suspected as well. Why spend $$$$ on adds for a car that is about to be updated. That said, the photo in the Hearld sun add today was of a FG MK I XT.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #49
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seen a ford falcon add during the nine news tonight

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #50
ray38l

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Brand loyalty of Holden supporters is well known, all Ford can do is stick to it knitting and build great cars
that buyers want, not thousands of fleet specials no one has ordered. That's the big lesson for 2010-2011.
have you ever wondered why holden supporters are loyal to them?
It all has to do with advertising. Not just your traditional advertising. Building concept cars that will probably never make production does increase sales in the long term. Holden have been doing it for years. Having holden's latest concept car on posters in teenagers bedrooms builds the brands image. Ten years later that teenager will probably be in the market for a new car and he will buy based on the image of his favourite car.
Brand loyalty starts at an early age and as long as the company keeps promoting there product customers will keep coming back.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #51
whiteelfalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
.. How often do you see any manufacture advertising just their performance range? Hardly ever, yet us .
They do quite often, just not in your wheels, street machine, the aged/hun or the 6pm-9:30pm. That is where companies advertise the family car or your 18 year olds first car.

Look in model and 'real' plane, tractor, truck/machinery mags, fashion & audio mags. Where people wishing/wanting willing to part with $5k for a watch, and $6k on cameras, 15k on home audio equipment.

I picked up an antique tractor mag (looking at lathe/mills) and it had jags & porsche advertised.

A couple of the fashion mags had audi/merc ads.
The kayak magazine had scoobies and hang-overs.

Ford Australia needs to step and and no longer be just "Ford Australia".
Not an American car company, not an Australian car company.
Become a global car company.

Big fn deal the Falcon was designed and built here.

The plastic, steel, icc (assembled here), wiring harness, material for the seats, exhaust/other sensors, bolts, brake pads, powertrain control module, the software the car was designed, engineered & tested with all imported.

Most of the designers/engineers/plant people are immigrants or relatives of immigrants/emigrated ie imported-no dis-respect.

It is an imported car just designed and assembled here.

Ford Oz needs to step up and loose the "Ford Australia" tag and while it is at it remove all references to the American's in this current financial climate.

America is an nation of collectively stupid people, look at their financial, gun control, environmental, and societal collected acts of stupidity.

America's stupidity and Ford Australia's association with american's reflect badly on the Falcon/Territory and the current range of Ford's imported Euro/Asian & South American vehicles.

Right now Ford=stupid americans.

Aussies are waiting on Ford to come out and say yep the next cars,
Falcon and Territory both will be based on a global vehicles.
Both vehicles have a lifespan, Territory only a couple of years after the FG.

Say both the current vehicles are excellent. Prove they are excellent and tell the public they just have to wait and see.

Ford needs to step up and give some answers, something positive showing that the company locally has a future, not just skirt around the edges hoping the media continues to look the other way at how well Holden or the other manufacturers are not going.

Or sit where they are now, slowly exporting their employees jobs to India, China and back to the US, loosing market share to sh*tty toyotas and 20-30 somethings buying vws and people buying cheap chinese/korean vehciles.

Bob and your team - step up or bugger off.
whiteelfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post