Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Default Movember!

I'm in, the challenge to you is to grow and fund raise, or donate! Which will you do???????????

Hi,
It's Movember and time to focus on men's health. To show my commitment, I'm donating my face to the cause by growing a moustache for the entire month of November, and need your support. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for prostate cancer and male depression.

Important points about men's health!

*1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
*This year 20,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
*1 in 8 men will experience depression in their lifetime

Important points about QAL Mo Bros 2011 efforts!

*If we raise $10000, Russ Reading will shave his eyebrows!

*If we raise $15000, Russ will shave 1 eyebrow!

I'm asking you to support my Movember campaign by making a donation by either:
*Donating online at: http://mobro.co/MNM96
*Writing a cheque payable to 'Movember', referencing my Registration ID: 1875980 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 60, East Melbourne, VIC, 8002

* If you prefer cash, give it to me and I will pay it for you.

If you'd like to find out more about the type of work you'd be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programs We Fund section on the Movember website: http://au.movember.com/about

Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men's health.

MNM96, aka Mike

MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Movember!

What style?
Have chipped in some cash on the Movember site.

We expect some pictures.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Not much to show yet, but I am happy to share! lol Thanks cs123

Who else wants to make a difference?

Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Deco28

I'm in to. Got a group doing it. Here we go!

Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Movember!

I'm in it too guys.

All for a good cause.

http://mobro.co/DAMIENJOHNS

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

im in too...done it for laughs the last 2-3 years...figured this year i may as well register & hlep the charity

http://mobro.co/Halfmorocks

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
zdcol71
zdcol71

I am actually in as well, though I am not raising money or getting sponsored.
I am growing the Mo. as a mark of solidarity with some employees who are involved. I am a site manager in the oil/gas industry and have a lot of "hard" men employed. We lose track of the fact that there are a lot of issues we don't often discuss with the relevant people, let alone between ourselves.
Keep your ears and eyes open guys...look out for your brothers and if you think they are in difficulty, put your hand up for them. It's mens' health awareness month,.....physical, mental, emotional health....be aware for them.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I go the Mohawk every year, one of our CAT 793 dump trucks grew a 4 metre long mostache last night, a % of all the gold it carries is donated, it is also painted blue and a % of gold carried by it goes to prostate cancer all year round, we also have a pink truck that it's proceeds are donated to breast cancer as well, had a heap of camera crews in today taking photos of the pink and blue trucks with giant mostache
LyleXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #10
hamoudy10
Ford Nut

I got our whole year to do it at school last year. We raised $750, but girls didn't come near us for the whole time!! .

Petroleum FG MKII XR6 Turbo - 350rwkw

Magnetic 2017 Mustang GT - 300rwkw
hamoudy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Warface

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamoudy10
I got our whole year to do it at school last year. We raised $750, but girls didn't come near us for the whole time!! .

what a cracker, my Mrs hates them, I keep growing one so I can get another tattoo! its either the mo or a new tatt!
Warface is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #12
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

how we all going with everything gents?? Hope the Mo's are growing wild!

Heres a pic of my progress, and so far have raised almost $400 so i feel im going well, goal is to raise at least $1000.

please click on the link in my sig if you wish to donate, any donation large or small is welcome and appreciated!

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

My effort so far! If you wish to donate you can here http://mobro.co/BennyRogers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

An updated piccy of dodgy facial hair.

I would say, Mustaches are as gay as a mustache full of spoof!

Good cause but.

Anyone else want to chip in a few $$$ Our team topped $5k today with another $2k pledged also. A guy at work who hasn't been to the hairdressers or used a razor for 10 year will shave tonight.

If we get to our target of $10 000 one lad will shave his eyebrows.

Please pledge today. Men's health and depression is the winner for all my efforts this year.

Anyway.............