Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Ford after sales service

Don't know if anybody else here has bought a new Ford recently so not sure how long this has been going on for but just received this in the mail. Pretty impressed to be honest, from all the whinging you'd think they didn't bother with any communication at all.

I've had 3 follow up calls, 2 from the Dealer as well as 1 from Ford themselves and now this.

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford after sales service

That last letter looks like one of those kinds of letters you see on crime movies from a stalker etc. hehe. Can't say I like Ford after sales that much to be honest but we won't go into that

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After sale customer care/service from a car dealer, now there's a turn up for the books.

I must say it appears Ford are genuinley trying to improve their reputation for sales/service, they've had a few smacks lately, so good to see you're getting looked after 5.0.

The real test will be in a few months time for something that needs fixing under warranty I guess.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 good reports 1 week, ..........crikey.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

I got one of those letters after buying my GT, including the offer of free 12 months standard roadside assistance, despite getting the 3 year FPV premium roadside assistance included with my purchase.

I thought it was a bit tacky to be honest. If I had bought an XT Falcon or something, then yeah, it probably would've given me a warm and fuzzy feeling. But I bought an FPV. Even after signing the papers at the dealers, I was taken into another room to talk to another person about accessories, only to have her take me through the standard Ford book of accessories. She had no idea about anything FPV.

Is it asking too much for special treatment after buying their premium product? I don't think so. I'm not completely disappointed with the during and after-sales service, but I'm not impressed either.

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

DAILY: 2015 PXII Ranger Wildtrak, Pride Orange, 6sp auto, tech pack (pics here)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
dawsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I got a couple of cards and a call from FoA in Melb asking about my purchase. Oh and some letters saying im overdue for a service from where i purchased the car from (no servicing never went past due date).
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i get a birthday card every year from E.L.N Ford...have been getting them for years....funny thing is ive never bought a car from them lol...
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Took delivery of my XR50 in October last year, and received the magnetic word sheet as pictured above (have it on our fridge), key tag, follow up calls plus a quite extensive survey over the phone on how the car was performing.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

They are trying, but years and years of poor service will take more than years and years to undo the damage.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We really need this to continue and for Ford to come to the party with some extra items fixed under warranty as done under good faith. Come on Ford show us you care, actually show us you really care.
I work in retail and about 5 years ago our store/company was the pits. Long lines for service angry customers and angry staff members. In the last few years a concerted effort has been made in this key area and it really hasn't cost all that much. There has been a huge improvement and it shows in the sales. Our company uses regular mystery shoppers and we get our butts kicked if we get a bad one. Thats a bit simplistic for such a complex area as car servicing but I'm sure there are ways. If they are serious they will find them. Maybe little letters and phonecalls are a start. Give them credit for that at least.