Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
J_Putz

Default Residents of the Gold Coast. Do you remember this person?

I've spent most of my life on the Gold Coast and today it occured to me that I haven't seen someone in a long time ie. 10 or so years.
The person I am talking about used to drive a white van and he/she had writing and signs all across it warning others not to use a certain bank.
Whether it was the same person Im not certain but I remember someone occasionallly walked around on foot too with the same warnings hanging over his shoulders.

Any Gold Coast residents remember this fellow and know where he's gone?
Or did you maybe even know this person?

J_Putz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Residents of the Gold Coast. Do you remember this person?

Didn't know him but he was a great character. I mainly saw him at the traffic lights at the southern end of Sundale bridge. He used to stand there dressed in black holding out a Superman like cape with writing on it about what the bank had done to him and to honk if you agreed with his comments. He was most appreciative of the continuous honking and gave all honkers a wave of the cape. Haven't seen him in years.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Residents of the Gold Coast. Do you remember this person?

Is the same fella who used to have his van parked out the front of a block of units on Smith St at Southport? If it is, I'm thinking it was more like about 15-16 years ago.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post