Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #61
Chopped
as in chopped

Default Re: Denmac Ford closing today.

^ that's good news, my mate is owed around 10g from them (mongrels). I wonder if he got the same call ?!!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Dont know who took over.... but my old man just got a call from them to say they are back in business and fully operational!!!!
Bryan Byrt took over Denmac.

Q Ford took over Bremer.

Denmac should be alot better to deal with under their new arrangement.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #63
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Bremer site cost alot of money to rent. With only 40 cars there it was hard to cover the 60k rent bill each month.
selling cars doesn't keep the lights on, the service department does, How many of you that live in the area service your car with them, you know support the brand.
new cars have no margin, basic RRP the dealer might make $1700 a car minus the salesmans pay, pre delivery, and what every you screw them down at sale.
All that burn the brand with threads like, my brembos make noise in reverse and Ultra tune saves me M O N E Y money this is what happens. People that buy a car and only take it to a dealer for warranty work, cost that dealer money.
So let this dealer be a warning, If you think ford have charged you to much for a service, or you need to winge about you warranty work, or "common problems"
on a public forum, think about who "guests" might read into your complaining and how it effects the brand. Ford isnt reading your complaining on here but Im sure alot of would be customers are, THINK.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #64
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live near the new Denmac, but my two Fords have a Harrier Warranty and services are $195 every 6 months. I didn't buy my Fords from Denmac as they couldn't match the deal I got from my buying dealer. Otherwise I would have them serviced there.
Wouldn't go near Ultra Tune with a 10' barge pole....
Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #65
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts
selling cars doesn't keep the lights on, the service department does, How many of you that live in the area service your car with them, you know support the brand.
new cars have no margin, basic RRP the dealer might make $1700 a car minus the salesmans pay, pre delivery, and what every you screw them down at sale.
All that burn the brand with threads like, my brembos make noise in reverse and Ultra tune saves me M O N E Y money this is what happens. People that buy a car and only take it to a dealer for warranty work, cost that dealer money.
So let this dealer be a warning, If you think ford have charged you to much for a service, or you need to winge about you warranty work, or "common problems"
on a public forum, think about who "guests" might read into your complaining and how it effects the brand. Ford isnt reading your complaining on here but Im sure alot of would be customers are, THINK.
Just like good dealers get good feedback on here...

I assume the above is directed at me?? Lol I used my local dealer for the last 9 years until they kept damaging the car and breaking things.. Then I gave up...

So which dealer do you work for
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #66
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I live near the new Denmac, but my two Fords have a Harrier Warranty and services are $195 every 6 months. Otherwise I would have them serviced there.
Wouldn't go near Ultra Tune with a 10' barge pole....
Have you read the small print in your harrier warranty, it not worth the paper its written on, just saying Iv delt with them heaps over the years and they cover next to nothing. Those used car warranties are underwritten by insurance companies, that hate paying for repairs.

At $400 a year for servicing, your paying more than a ford service normaly 15,000kms or 1 year, and that $195 doesnt cover major services, if you only ever get those services than your plugs, brake fluid, coolant, fuel filter, airfilter will never be changed. Seem like a pretty bad deal to me, but the used car sales man didnt tell you that. He would of said something along the lines of, Comes with full 3 year 150,000km warranty you just have to service it with our agents for only $195 every 6 months.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #67
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Just like good dealers get good feedback on here...

I assume the above is directed at me?? Lol I used my local dealer for the last 9 years until they kept damaging the car and breaking things.. Then I gave up...

So which dealer do you work for
not directed at anyone, the forum doesn't revolve around you gold member
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #68
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I did THINK about my experience with a particular dealer before posting here and I certainly feel fellow members needed to know the circumstances as this dealers behaviour was and still is atricious. Another member posted a more positive experience. Members of the forum can then read all the postings and THINK about it and make up their own minds.

We are not about hiding the truth or spin doctors for Ford - good or bad. That Sineads job at Ford if you are interested in applying.

What I do agree with is the sentiment that a good dealer should be rewarded with our custom - but then for me that is true of any local supplier or business I do business with. Ford dealers dont get any special favours either way in that regard. A new car for me is second only to buying a house, so you could say I would like the dealer principal and the staff to THINK about how they interact with me.

Works both ways mate.
D.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #69
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

edit wrong thread , and its a little heated in here lol
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #70
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have you read the small print in your harrier warranty, it not worth the paper its written on, just saying Iv delt with them heaps over the years and they cover next to nothing. Those used car warranties are underwritten by insurance companies, that hate paying for repairs.

At $400 a year for servicing, your paying more than a ford service normaly 15,000kms or 1 year, and that $195 doesnt cover major services, if you only ever get those services than your plugs, brake fluid, coolant, fuel filter, airfilter will never be changed. Seem like a pretty bad deal to me, but the used car sales man didnt tell you that. He would of said something along the lines of, Comes with full 3 year 150,000km warranty you just have to service it with our agents for only $195 every 6 months.
Don't agree..both cars bought new..and they have contacted me if found anything needs changing, I average 30,000kms a year in the BF and 15,000kms in the Fez.The $195 covers a Ford A service,usually $255 thru this dealer. Check out Fords new capped price servicing..doesn't include plugs, coolant etc either. So, if something goes wrong and I have problems with warranty, so be it.
Old 29-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #71
nstg8a

good to see cars finally back on the yard at denmac moorooka... was kinda sad going past their every day and seeing an empty lot.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #72
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New Focus is on display at Moorooka a green colour...looks nice!!1
Old 29-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #73
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Good to see, my R6 ute is up to 41,000 km and will be needing a service in the near future....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #74
Cúl-Báire

Has anyone bought a new / used car at Denmac since the shut down / re-opening? I was there over the weekend and spoted a nice XR6 that I am keen on, and Denmac seem to be doing them at much better prices than everwhere else.

Any comments on customer service / and vehicle servicing?
Cúl-Báire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #75
fatcorty
Banned

Quote:
If its so important to dealers to get your service they should think about that before blatantly trying to rip off consumers over and over again.
Im ok and will keep going to Ultra Tune to save money and get the job done right first time every time until a local ford dealer can do the same.
fatcorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #76
Warrenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcorty
Im ok and will keep going to Ultra Tune to save money and get the job done right first time every time until a local ford dealer can do the same.
Have a read of this A Cuurent Affair report and see if you want to use Ultra Tune.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonig...adworthy-rorts
Warrenk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #77
fatcorty
Banned

I'll give anything from current affair a miss, my local ultratune is owned and run by one of australias best engine builders and I'd trust him with any car and to do any job. There are a few other ultra tubes ran by circuit and drag racers you can't judge them all based on one or two after all they are all run by independent franchisees.

But on another note a few posts in this thread reminds me of a quote from the man who started the mighty organisation that is the blue oval

"A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large."
Henry Ford
fatcorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #78
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Sorry buddy , cannot agree with you.
Are you telling me Toyota are going broke because of fixed price servicing !They are banking on high turn over through the service department. It is all purely economics , you either have low turnover high profit or high turnover low profit.Now if you want repeat business it is the high turnover.You cannot expect the average wage earner who scrimps and saves to buy a new car , rock up for his first service and pay on average $200 more per service than the going rate. And if they have a warrantable issue you have to threaten legal action to get what is yours.Thats why they get a bad rap. The whole experience when this happens is stressfull and from what I read on these forums, most people are reasonable and only post on here their probs as a last resort to try and get a resolution.I know why Dealers brush warranty issues because it creates a lot of paperwork for the service manager and staff, they would rather you wear it and then it is a simple invoice .
The sad part is the salesman has done his job then he is let down by service.
No risk , no arguments ,the majority of service departments have the mentality of charging as much as they can for whatever they can and hope you are silly enough to keep on coming back.
Here is an example - BMW 330 Coupe - BMW service $1600 for a log book service ( a woman I worked with) , a friend of mine , Toyota trained mechanic who is a independant mobile mechanic , $380 .Uses quality Total -Elf lubricants.
My GT I had ,quoted $600 15k service , Elite $300 .Most Service departments are kidding themselves.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #79
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My brother had major problems with UltraTune and the RACWA confirmed the engine failure was UltraTunes fault. They had to rebuild the motor at their expense.