Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
J_Putz

Default roadworthy question - second opinion

Is there some type of waiting period before I can get a roadworthy done by a second mechanic?

J_Putz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
FalconForce

Default Re: roadworthy question - second opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Putz
Is there some type of waiting period before I can get a roadworthy done by a second mechanic?
no not in victoria, take the car to a second mechanic but you have to take the original roadworthy form from the first mechanic with you

What's scarier than the thunder? The Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Doesn't matter anyway whatever they do its wrong according to people on here.
FalconForce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Why are you wanting to do that anyway? Got a few problems with the car that you're hoping another mechanic will overlook?

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

You can get 7 Roadworthy's in the 4 hours if you want. Why you want to get another?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have had 2 roadies done on the same day. The first bloke toasted the mrs coz he thought he could, I took it to another place and it was a huge difference to the list.
JG65TE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
J_Putz

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Why are you wanting to do that anyway? Got a few problems with the car that you're hoping another mechanic will overlook?
No. I'm just hoping the next guy isn't so determined to find work in places where it isn't needed.
J_Putz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
R1XSTA
Silky Smoothe

Your going to a roady place on a friday, don't worry mate, they won't find much. just don't go in toward the end of the day
- 2006 Ford Territory Turbo; Silhoutte, Leather, Plazmaman CAI.
R1XSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No. I'm just hoping the next guy isn't so determined to find work in places where it isn't needed.
I don't care what people say, when a RWC inspector also owns a mechanics workshop, they always find things that conveniently enough they can fix for you that day. I go to the local mechanic for roadworthies now. He is too busy to "find" things wrong with the car.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So the first RWC failed
And your hoping a second inspection will pass a few unroadworthy things ???
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
ZcAmbo

As a licenced rwc tester myself i have to laugh at people who whinge about what i have found wrong with there cars or trucks after they have spent 20 minutes telling me how good the vehicle is. What alot of people dont relise if i miss something that is a rwc item and its picked up by another tester i am liable to pay for those repairs and also recive a suspension and fine from vic roads. How i know this ive had my rwc licence suspended for 1 month already the next time will ne a 30.000 fine. I also own my own work shop, you do not have to get the rwc tester to fix any of the problems your are quite welcome to take it to another place for repairs.
ZcAmbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #11
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC
So the first RWC failed
And your hoping a second inspection will pass a few unroadworthy things ???

Now we don't agree on alot of things, but I definately agree with you here.

As for the OP's comments. Sounds like you're trying to get away with it as cheap as possible. Unfortunately, if you have a prang, soon after getting the roady and it's proved that the car is in fact unroadworthy, who do you reckon cops the flack for it? (Hint, not you)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZcAmbo
As a licenced rwc tester myself i have to laugh at people who whinge about what i have found wrong with there cars or trucks after they have spent 20 minutes telling me how good the vehicle is. What alot of people dont relise if i miss something that is a rwc item and its picked up by another tester i am liable to pay for those repairs and also recive a suspension and fine from vic roads. How i know this ive had my rwc licence suspended for 1 month already the next time will ne a 30.000 fine.
What ALOT of people dont understand with the "Ol bodgy RWC" is its the bloke issuing the RWC that can loose , as you mention his RWC licence and cop a fine

So the days of "She be right mate" are very few and far between nowadays
Especially if you dont know said inspector

RWC places get set up all the time on ACA ect
Its just not worth the risk
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post