Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Impression

Today I was driving along and saw a brown Dino Ferrari.

It took me back to an image I still have to this today. The most lasting Impression I have as a teenager just starting to get interested in cars was coming back from Oran Park. I was in a Datsun 1600 (yes I’m that old) with some mates coming back from a great day at the races.

Not much traffic going the opposite direction when our driver noticed a car weaving its way (not speeding mind you) through the traffic. It was the brown Dino. It came up behind our Datsun, we started waving and going on stupid as teenagers do. The Dino waited for a gap in the oncoming traffic then Whoosh !! he pulled out and was around us in no time flat.

The cool part was after he got past us he slowed down, raised his harm up though the sun roof and gave us the thumbs up sign and then disappeared down the winding road.

I can’t look a Ferrari without remember that day.

Anyone else have an impression that has stayed with you over the years (good ones, please no Murphy references)

Uncle Ken

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 27-10-2005 at 10:40 PM. Reason: bold all the text bugger
Uncle_Ken is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Didn't get into cars until I started working for FoMoCo in 1996. But I was always impressed going down the Great Ocean Road in the back of my Dad's Volvo 1600. He used to tell me, you accelerate on the straights and maintain speed through the corners. Always thrilled me.

These days any classy modified Ford has me looking.
VilkasBAMIIXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Only a bad impression, with a HZ, many years ago.....
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:05 AM   #4
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Yeah, had a good one with my cousin when i was about 29yo , they bought a near new VB commodore, and i had just bought a datsun 180b to use the engine in my off road buggy , still registed i took this camping to gundegai . we cruised up to tumut with me behind thier commodore and right up his clacker through all the twists and turns , hills and i was fairly impressed with the datsuns performance and couldnt help thinking how well it would go in the buggy. "Cut this short" i wasnt racing him , just keeping up , he was so dissapointed with the commodore cause he had been trying to lose me on the trip and couldnt. he sold it 3 weeks later and has not spoken to me since. My buggy goes hard though !!!

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was driving down a main road in doncaster. Driving side by side with a BA XR8. Look over and it was undercover officers. Gave him the thumbs up and vice versa. Waved at him to nail it and he did! aww it was great lol
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post