Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Should Ford Australia have a thread within these forums?
Yes we would welcome this feedback option. 72 80.90%
No just leave us be. 17 19.10%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #31
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Should Ford Australia have a forum area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
But people think Ford have an endless pot of money that they can do everything any potential customer could want, but the reality is far different.
Yeah i agree, hell i work in a supermarket and the rubbish that im faced with over petty crap is astounding, people want the world for nothing.
I for one have had no qualms with FoA with my new car, they have been nothing but helpful and my XR5 has been fantastic.

Yeah sure there is some proper 'cases' out there and these are highlighted on here and they overshadow the good.
In short i dont think FoA needs a place on here im sure they have a good enough look around the place and also im sure there is a few Ford employee's on here too.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #32
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
I think a lot of that is Fords consistently ignoring its customers and its own weaknesses as a company, year after year.

It could be turned around and yes it would require coping a hiding on here for a year or two, but I really think a lot of the extreme emotions on here is born of frustration at a company that just doesn't care enough about its customers.

When Ford starts giving a dam, they could change a lot of those attitudes in my opinion.

Of course that means some fundamental changes at Ford and that's more of an issue, as they have never changed, despite overwhelming evidence that what they are doing is failing. Lost customers, sales, lousy dealer network, woeful warranty support, on going bad press, they just keep repeating the old formulas like there isn't a better way.

Handy for the competition as at least Ford Australia is entirely predictable as a competitor.

Talking on these forums would certainly be a game changer for Ford.
Yes thats dead right! they would cop a load of crap for awhile but I would respect them alot more for aleast listening to us even if they still didn`t do anything that we wanted & some suggestions on what they might be doing or thinking might get some positive feed back even.
Old 17-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcb
The goal would be clarity and fairness.
The very reason Ford would never do it.
Old 17-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
I think a lot of that is Fords consistently ignoring its customers and its own weaknesses as a company, year after year.

It could be turned around and yes it would require coping a hiding on here for a year or two, but I really think a lot of the extreme emotions on here is born of frustration at a company that just doesn't care enough about its customers.

When Ford starts giving a dam, they could change a lot of those attitudes in my opinion.

Of course that means some fundamental changes at Ford and that's more of an issue, as they have never changed, despite overwhelming evidence that what they are doing is failing. Lost customers, sales, lousy dealer network, woeful warranty support, on going bad press, they just keep repeating the old formulas like there isn't a better way.

Handy for the competition as at least Ford Australia is entirely predictable as a competitor.

Talking on these forums would certainly be a game changer for Ford.
you crack me up. do you actually own any of the ford vehicles that have any of the so called problems? your earlier post said that you should show ford that you own a particular car before they listen to you. you are probably one of the most vocal on here regarding ford service, warped brakes or worn ball joints and yet chances are none of those problems affect you at all. do you even own a ford?

where is the 'overwhelming evidence' of poor service, lousy dealers, poor warranty service etc etc?? a handful of people on a ford forum isn't exactly overwhelming evidence. they sell upwards of 5000 vehicles every month so i hardly think a few whingers on this forum is a fair cross section of the reality of the situation. i would hazard that the good reports probably equal or outweigh the negative reports, its just that you don't hear about them because most people only offer feedback when its negative.

also, if you believe that problems are unique to ford, then you really are naive.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #35
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Yeah i agree, hell i work in a supermarket and the rubbish that im faced with over petty crap is astounding, people want the world for nothing.
I for one have had no qualms with FoA with my new car, they have been nothing but helpful and my XR5 has been fantastic.

Yeah sure there is some proper 'cases' out there and these are highlighted on here and they overshadow the good.
In short i dont think FoA needs a place on here im sure they have a good enough look around the place and also im sure there is a few Ford employee's on here too.
I work in retail as well ...... its a hoot some days. You can accidentally stuff someone up , think its the end of the world because sometimes crap happens and you get a reaction "No problems .... it happens!" and in the same breath bend over back wards for someone with the slightest non life threatening incident and crap hits the fan. Love retail

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
you crack me up. do you actually own any of the ford vehicles that have any of the so called problems? your earlier post said that you should show ford that you own a particular car before they listen to you. you are probably one of the most vocal on here regarding ford service, warped brakes or worn ball joints and yet chances are none of those problems affect you at all. do you even own a ford?

where is the 'overwhelming evidence' of poor service, lousy dealers, poor warranty service etc etc?? a handful of people on a ford forum isn't exactly overwhelming evidence. they sell upwards of 5000 vehicles every month so i hardly think a few whingers on this forum is a fair cross section of the reality of the situation. i would hazard that the good reports probably equal or outweigh the negative reports, its just that you don't hear about them because most people only offer feedback when its negative.

also, if you believe that problems are unique to ford, then you really are naive.
Well said.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
I work in retail as well ...... its a hoot some days. You can accidentally stuff someone up , think its the end of the world because sometimes crap happens and you get a reaction "No problems .... it happens!" and in the same breath bend over back wards for someone with the slightest non life threatening incident and crap hits the fan. Love retail

I remember retail. Some people are never pleased and it seems have no life.
Old 18-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #38
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Prydey, you are right about good reports versus bad. We have quite a few letters from SATISFIED customers and they are ones that come BACK to get their cars serviced at a FORD dealer.
I see so many NEGATIVE reports here from people who don't even work in the motor industry and rubbish Ford because they can. I would love to hear the TRUTH behind some of the negative posts made here and not a one sided slant, if there were a thread for Ford to post in they would spend all their day defending Ford and not giving any helpfull info.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

My old dealer had a folder in the sitting room, full from front to back of people that had their picture taken with their new purchase and a little speel about the dealer. It was always good to read.

Edit- Reason its my old dealer is the service mgr left so i know go to where he works.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post