Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Perth V8's comback - my photo opportunity

SO I was going about my daily business at work (Im a green keeper at Botanical Gardens of WA in Perth) and these guys approach me in Ford shirts. "here we go! I thought to myself" And they asked me where abouts they should park their truck. I look down the road and there is a huge white trialer that looked a lot like a motor sport trialer.
I looked at the map and got the Rangers to divert the traffic for them so they could revers up to the right spot.
What they were doing was a media confrence to announce the return of the V8 supercars in Perth this year from April 29 and they had a BA supercar to unload on the road that overlooks Perth city for the cameras.
I quickly jumped in the Work car and headed back to the Staff crapark to get my ute up there for a photo shoot of my own. I manged to get back in time to take some pics of them unloading and so on.

So here are the photos I took before our State Premier and the camera crews rocked up......

Me..

I HAD to get my ute in the photo's..

The V8, my work,me and my ute... Nice

Gettin a bit arty farty..

And thats the pics!

Im SO excited the V8's are coming back to Perth.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
BFZF8

Nice one. You've gotta have a win somedays.
BFZF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'll never get another opportunity like that again, good work.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh haha, The guys were really friendly and they offererd to take the pics of me with the cars. (I forgot I still had my boof hair and "chopper" moustache from the 70's party I went to on the weekend )

But yeh the team would also be spewin as channell 7 and 9 only showed a Ford dealers road car that was stickerd up to look like a supercar that arrived not long after I left.

Click here to see my ute
Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See what I mean about the Ford dealer street car getting all the limelight! at least Ford was invited for the announcement.

I noticed too there was not much info about the return of the V8's so I thought id share...

Trading Post Challenge Diary

Media Release

Click here to see my ute
Old 04-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
nstg8a

maybe if they had taken a V8SC along that didnt look like it was halfway through a respray it might have got all the attention.

awesome pics, as said above, thats something that will probably never happen to you again.

how trick are those trailers too...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh, I just feel for the guys who went to all the effort to get their race car there and did not get a photo of it in the media.

Yeh the trailer was very impressive, the car only JUST fitted into it. The front bar caught something when they were pushing it out so they had the super glue and black tape out to mask the damage, it was only small tho.

Click here to see my ute
Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #8
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Awesome! Thats Nathan Vince's car! He use to race an old AU DJR car at barbagallo. I know him through a mate of mine, who is good mates with him. Hes a very friendly bloke, and good to get along with. He races in the Fujitsu Series now after upgrading to the BA.
Cheers
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post