Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #61
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was going to be a 3 customer but was told I would be wait listed.

Apparently if they signed me up before one of their customers left it would cost them a fortune to change all the advertising to 4.

Q: What do you call a very angry person in a phone box?
A: Vodaphone subscriber
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #62
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

lol... 3 is alright-ish.. but their prices are stuffed.. can't even go to my3 to check how much you have used for free..

I have my N95 with 3 (Plan), my N95-8GB with vodafone (Pre-Paid) and my iPhone with Optus (also on a Plan). I have disabled the 3 simcard due to high bills, havent recharged the Vodafone sim in a while due to **** coverage where its needed but the iPhone on the Optus network at $50 a month with up to $400 in calls, text and web for the $50, its good value for money plus it hasn't dropped out on me yet, even when going under Sydney's hideous road/train tunnels

also i make up to 200 30min business and personal calls each month and it just doesn't nearly hit the limit
Old 29-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #63
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Two guys at work went out and got iPhone 4s through Vodaphone.

Two guys at work don't have any 3G coverage on their iPhone 4s, no internet for them.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #64
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Three and Voda are in partnership now. I am very unhappy with 3 at the moment.

I've been with Hutchison since 2002 (Orange-->Three) and despite being a steady customer who has paid his bills on time for 8 years, they did not give a flying fruitbat.

They're a bloody circus. For me, the fact that despite being a customer for 8 years they could not care less is a major concern. There is enough competition in the telecommunications market for me to take my business elsewhere.

I did write to 3 Customer Care and was told that they would improve that aspect, but they won't. Making profits short-term is more important than taking care of customers and keeping them satisfied.

A lot of people bag Telstra, but keep in mind that these international companies are feeding off the infrastructure that Telstra has to maintain.
Telstra isn't perfect, but get on to an Australian and they're damn good. It's the international employees that are a pain in the backside.

So in about 18 months when my current contract finishes, I am very likely to change my mobile provider because I am grossly unsatisfied with Vodafone-Hutchison. They're just pathetic when it comes to customer service.
I got so sick of 3 i paid out the remaining 6 months of my contract and left. Couldn't get bills right, over charged me hundreds of dollars and had to fight tooth and nail to get anything back. Then there were the warranty claims, my old N95 went in to get fixed and 2 days after getting it back it died again, same problem and they wouldn't fix it again till i kicked up a fuss in store.

I too was with them for 5 years or so and still no care. I'm with Optus now on an iPhone and its been the most peaceful telecommunications experience i have had. Courtesy calls every few months and haven't had a single fault with the phone.
Old 29-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #65
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
On Vodafone, have been with Vodafone since 2002.

Not a complaint ever. Have not noticed service issues ever, let alone lately.
Same here 12+ years with Vodafone great deals and I have never had to complain about service..
They let us upgrade our phones early every contract with no charges and have awesome plans..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I changed to vodafone from telstra last year to get some better deals, wished I hadn't in the long run. The nokia n96 I upgraded to was an absolute piece of crap, always dropped out, froze, restarted etc, but the reception wasn't very good and the guys at work on voda also had similar issues.

Both the missus and I decided to ring voda to pay out our existing plan and get an iPhone 4. They kept informing us in phone calls and at shops that the waiting list for that phone were 10,000 long and couldn't do it. We found out that they were still selling iPhones to new customers but not existing. !
N96 I had one and there were issues with the phone not network, once I put the phone in for a service under warranty before selling it to a friend in 12 months hasn't missed a beat...
Kim renewed here contracted with vodafone took an iphone 4 32gb so we can sell strait off as we don't use iphones, we waited approx 15 days for it, we were told 2 to 3 week waiting time.

Hey Rod out in Rocky they still using tin cans and string aren't they?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #66
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Is there any correlation between Voda and the Australian cricket team....??? Both seem to be on the nose at the moment.

I've been with Optus for 5 years, moved to them from 3 after some issues with a a phone. I was with 3 for almost 5 years - Telstra before that for a while.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #67
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
When it came time to renew, I noticed that NEW customers get $50 of credit, a free sports or news pack, and a free phone.
As an existing customer, I don't get a sports or news pack, I don't get $50 of credit, AND I had to pay $3 a month extra for the phone ON TOP of my cap.
Just say... when they were giving you crap regarding not getting the extra stuff a new customer would get... perhaps just cancel your account on the spot?

Then there is that line at the end of every call "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

And you say... Sure, who can I speak to about getting connected today???

Yeah, I know it's a stupid idea and all, but sometimes when you are dealing with idiots on the phone you never know your luck!
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #68
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Same here 12+ years with Vodafone great deals and I have never had to complain about service..
They let us upgrade our phones early every contract with no charges and have awesome plans.
same here mark ive been with vodafone form 2004 ive had no problems with them at all.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 29-12-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: fixed quote
747jet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post