Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default latest easternats news

My father entered at the cancelled calder event and paid entry fee and has just received a letter from Jon Davison I will re-type it for the benefit of all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Davison
Dear Entrant,

I wish to take this opportunity of apologizing for the delay in refunding entry, garage hire and camping fees paid for the 2010 EASTERNATS due to take place at Calder Raceway. the cancellation of the event incurred very significant financial losses to me, in response I have used all endeavours to raise the money and wish to assure you that it willbe repaid, but as explained this was going to take a considerable period of time.

However I have been successful in securing a five year agreement with a further five year option to stage the EASTERNATS at Winton Motor Raceway. Winton offers a number of benefits that did not exist at Sandown including a dedicated camping area, the availability of a large pid/paddock complex with additiojnal enclosed garage and carports and due to the increased size of the paddock area, each entrant will be able to park his tender/support vehicle with all your spare parts. The EASTERNATS at Winton will include everything we did at Sandown and more.

Those that entered at Calder have the option of either converting their entry fee, camping or garage hire to the 2011 event at Winton or being refunded. If you purchased a garage at Calder you will be given the first option at Winton provided we are notified by the end of September. Please note there will be a huge demand for the garages so notify us asap. The garages consist of : A total of 40 powered garages in pit lane with 3 vehicles allocated per garage, consisting of 1 in garage (9mX4.5m) and 2 in pit lane. A total of 30 powered undercover garages in the paddock area, with three vehicles allocated per garage consisting of 1 in garage & 2 parked at rear and a minimum of 30 undercover single carports spaces in paddock area (please note the number of carports may increase before the event). It is important to note that this is an offer to exchange Calder to Winton.

Thank you for your consideration I look forward to seeing you at Winton Raceway for next years EASTERNATS which will be held 22nd-25th april 2011. Please notify us of your requirements: tel xxxxxxxxxxxx email xxxxxxxxxxx and for all event details including Regulations, Entry Form, Schedule see website www.easternats.com.au after mid September.

yours sincerely

Jon Davison

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I hope this event does go ahead. Winton is a good choice for it
Old 30-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

at least it will also pump a few dollars in the surrounding towns up there and make it easier for interstate travellers from the east coast to get there, dont know about the west coasters how easy it will be for them.
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you guys don't think that it will die because it has been moved away from Melbourne regardless of how good the facilities are? and as for me personally it will more than triple the travel time to what it was from here to Sandown, and the roads may be of very poor condition between here and there

Old 30-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
and the roads may be of very poor condition between here and there

that would be the hume hwy......
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
fgtpsi

Really hope this does go ahead! spewing about it this year.
Old 31-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #7
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
you guys don't think that it will die because it has been moved away from Melbourne regardless of how good the facilities are? and as for me personally it will more than triple the travel time to what it was from here to Sandown, and the roads may be of very poor condition between here and there
It seems to me that you need to get out more, the Hume Freeway runs out of Cambellfield and runs right past the front door of Winton - FFS.

And this would be the same information I posted back on July 28!!!

Original Winton / Easternats Thread

And yes it will be going ahead, Winton already run a similar event in Ocotber called Performance Car Mania (PCM), it is in it's 4th or 5th year.

Jon Davison will be promoting the EasterNats as he has done so since the Easternats have been run.

People are saying the PCM is a better event that SpringNats, the numbers are growing every year, you can camp on site, you use the race track for cruising. This version of EasterNats could quite easily give SummerNats a run for the money.

But it will need the support of everyone.

Last edited by Trevor 57; 31-08-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
It seems to me that you need to get out more, the Hume Freeway runs out of Cambellfield and runs right past the front door of Winton - FFS.
OK no worries I knew that, but you shouldn't have assumed I live in Melbourne and from where I live it is an arduous journey, and the alternative is to drive into Melbourne to pick up the hume then back out, this will take me around 7 hours, not every attendee lives in Melbourne and can just cruise down the hume to the location. Roads I will have to take to get there in a timely manner (timely being around 4 hours) are windy country back roads with all the hazards pertaining to them such as fallen branches and wildlife (wombats) to name a few who wants to risk their pride and joy on a road that will tear it to bits???????

Old 31-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well, a little more information would have stopped me from jumping to conclusions.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post