Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
bluebaboy

Default ford pro sydney

hi all, has anyone had any dealings with ford pro sydney. thinking about getting engine from them and fitted. v8 into ba 6.

bluebaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

I've had dealings with them but only small dollar items - they seem very reasonable on prices especially for late model engines and transmissions.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Same here as T3man ... I do most of my dealings though with Macarthur Parts Plus mainly ... Have only got small bits that I could not get anywhere else.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
dannyxm
was danny888

Been there heaps mate over the years.

Only small items, but well worth going there.

Nice guys who know there stuff.
Old 27-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
psychoticgroove
SRT

you're putting a BOSS into a BA 6??
Pretty sure you'd need a whole conversion, engine/ tranny/ gearbox/ computer unless that is what you are getting done. I saw a full conversion for an 03 XR8 going on ebay for 4.5k the other day, come to think of it, that was in sydney too....
I pondered over it, but a lot of people discouraged me saying it'd be too much of a headfirk!

His- 2014 Jeep GC SRT
Her- 2012 Territory TS TDCI
psychoticgroove is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
sen

as most above have said, bought spares and stuff off them without dramas.

never a full engine conversion though
sen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoticgroove
you're putting a BOSS into a BA 6??
Pretty sure you'd need a whole conversion, engine/ tranny/ gearbox/ computer unless that is what you are getting done. I saw a full conversion for an 03 XR8 going on ebay for 4.5k the other day, come to think of it, that was in sydney too....
I pondered over it, but a lot of people discouraged me saying it'd be too much of a headfirk!
LS1 and box/ecu goes for around $4500 + fitting...... Dont shoot me just tellin' ya !!
They sound hella tuff as well cammed up .....

And no heavier than the original 6

Sorry never heard of Ford pro ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
old_mate
Smash the Boost

they exchanged a t5 for me a few years ago when i lived in sydney, the T5 they sold me had been reco'd by them and it was the best damn T5 i had ever driven. Felt better than the low k one dad had in his AU at the time.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
XPfalcon170

i too have only bought small items from them. bigger items i prefer to go to fairford spares
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
nb_351
building the xe...

are they still in smithfield? ive been there a few times, bought ac compressors, window regs etc...
good blokes, prices arent too bad, well they werent 2 or 3 years ago when i had the eb...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I've bought about 5 engines off them.. But I ask for GOOD low klrs engines.. Pay alittle more and usually end up getting air, steer etc ...
Had no drama's.. The local Taxi drivers give then an attitude at times..
Wanting almost free parts... Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to go there all the time for my parts until they changed hands a couple of years ago.
Gone down hill since then, too many steroids and didn't he get upset when I told him so.

Only deal with Macarthur parts plus now and they are a pleasure to deal with.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
I used to go there all the time for my parts until they changed hands a couple of years ago.
Gone down hill since then, too many steroids and didn't he get upset when I told him so.

Only deal with Macarthur parts plus now and they are a pleasure to deal with.
Hahahaha ... last time I was there I was thinking the same thing ... they've gotta be on the juice for sure.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
nb_351
building the xe...

they must have changed since i was there then lmao
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #15
lostdude

bought some small things from them with no issues.

also have used macarthur parts plus great service but their prices are abit higher
Old 30-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
bluebaboy

Default ford pro oh no!!

hey all, found out for myself what ford pro are like, and that is not good.
was going to be getting a boss 260 conversion from them into my ba rtv. the plan was to drive down from qld they have car for a week and then i stay for another week to drive it around and make sure all good before returning to qld.after organising price 7500 full conversion drive in drive out on a 49k t bone sedan was getting excited. UNTIL i asked to see the car that the boss was coming out of.just so happened that it was on a scrap truck as we speak.(yeah sure) already stripped. I remember our first conversation and the bloke said (won't name names although i should) mate car has just come in today easy sraighht swap, car has been t boned and that all else was good. any way after telling me car was being scrapped i asked for something to show what we were getting. By this stage it's two days before we are ment to leave and after reading post's on this site about place changing hands was getting second thoughts about ford pro.the guy sent me a print out of paper with the vin number and make of car, and klms etc. INTERESTING it was a brown xr 8 with 49000k. i havn't seen many if any , no not any, brown falcon"s. Thank god for the internet decided to do a vin check for $30 and to my surprise up came a BLACK xr8 ute written off because of fire damage. certainly not a t bone sedan. also the dip **** must have forgotten that he sent me the burnt bulge bonnet a month early in my preparation for a conversion. when i checked the vin it all came together.
This was friday arve night time. So armed with my facts i rang the dog on sat morn only to find he wasn't in, so spoke with another fella. When i asked what car the motor was coming out of it was the tboned one. Then when i said that it"s coming out of a ute he went quite.Then when i said it was a burnt ute and i have the bonnet, and ive done a vin check well he couldn"t say any thing except its not that badly burnt. Well either am i thanks to some extra research, and it was very worth the effort. Needless to say the other bloke never rang me back, and i'm not wasting another minute on ford pro and either should you.
Old 30-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #17
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

So ya gonna put a cammed LS1 with a 3 spd in it now ??
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
bluebaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
So ya gonna put a cammed LS1 with a 3 spd in it now ??
you think that would be good, how much for one of those and why 3 speed?
Old 30-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #19
T3man
Banned

'cos most Commode drivers can't count past 3. LOL.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #20
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if it is a burnt out ute that the motor was coming out of, it had been sitting on the back of their truck up until last Friday. (I drive past there 3 to 4 times a day)

You are lucky that you didn't go ahead with it, as it was gutted.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post