Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #31
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
piccies please, inside and out.;) Not pushy am I...
yes been meaning to post some up for a while but with all this wet weather the car is filthy.....maybe next week after a good wash.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #32
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I already have a BFGT and on this round of purchase we were looking for something more nimble and easy to park. Not to mention around town fuel economy. The G6, XR6 or Territory just didn't fit the bill for us.

The Kizashi is quite small on the outside but surprisingly roomy on the inside. So far its quite frugal and compared to our brand new G6 which my parents just purchased - its getting around 100 Klm more per tank - with less fuel tank capacity. That's to be expected of course - but its what we were looking for this time round.

The G6 is certainly a beatiful car to drive - but having 2 monsters in the garage just didn't make sense for us.
Fair enough.

I guess a Focus XR5 was out of the question? LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #33
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

First recall. Not sure if it'll effect Oz

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/30/s...-safety-issue/

Quote:
Suzuki Kizashi hits the recall skids over dashboard safety issue

by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Jun 30th 2010 at 5:21PM

Bad news for the loveable Suzuki Kizashi: the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has issued a recall on the Japanese sedan. Evidently, the lower glove box door can pop open during an accident, possibly coming in contact with the front passenger's body at the same time. For those interested in such things, the news means that the Kizashi doesn't conform to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 201. The standard deals with passenger protection from impact on pieces of the car's interior, fittingly enough.

According to the NHTSA, Suzuki will replace the offending door with a new piece free of charge on all 5,107 Kizashi models covered by the recall. There's no word on how long the fix should take. For more information, owners can check out the NHTSA site or contact their local Suzuki dealer.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #34
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
First recall. Not sure if it'll effect Oz

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/30/s...-safety-issue/
interesting stuff , hope they resolve it.
we've not received any communication regarding this yet. it may be confined to large oversized americans with large overhanging guts that come way too close to the glovebox anyways....lol

but in all seriousness, it's not a great thing to happen for a new model aspiring to greater things.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
interesting stuff , hope they resolve it.
we've not received any communication regarding this yet. it may be confined to large oversized americans with large overhanging guts that come way too close to the glovebox anyways....lol

but in all seriousness, it's not a great thing to happen for a new model aspiring to greater things.
Nothing has been made official in Oz. Could be like the Toyota recall issue.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #36
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Nothing has been made official in Oz. Could be like the Toyota recall issue.
i'll post up if i get a recall notice.
i've yet to see another kizashi on the road so i doubt there would be any major impact for suzuki locally , at most they may have to replace 3 gloveboxes.......lol