Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
jason_85

Default Respray Quotes. What to expect?

Hi,

we are about to offlaod my partners Honda Accord. The problem is that the roof of the car has severe sun damage. It is the only panel on the whole car like this and none of the others are even showing signs.

It is a 1994 model and otherwise in above average condition so i was thinking of getting a quote to paint this one panel and then leaving it up to the prospective buyer as to wether they will want this done (factoring the sale price with the cost of respray) \, mainly cause i am thinking it could be a first car buyer?

The question is what should i expect to pay for this work? It is metallic dark blue and the roof has a sunroof..

Thanks!

Jason

jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

I had similarly bad paint on a 2L N14 Pulsar Q. I understand your dilemma.

I sold it 'as-is'. But it required a keen price to move it quickly. You may/may not find that the cost outweighs the likely increase but if it is done, then a quicker sale will most likely eventuate.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
jason_85

yeah i understand your points. problem is i think i will get more for it selling it with a rwc (safety cert) and paint won't stop me acquiring one.

it is a big toss up whether to pay to get it done or sell it with paint 'issue' and a few quotes in hand + price reduction to cater.
Old 24-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
stang65
FPRJET

There are some places that quote $200 a panel if your not keeping it so long as they do an o.k job. That would seem like an option.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
jason_85

sounds alright. for that price i would get it done.
Old 25-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
PANELCORP

Wouldn't take an enemies car to a place that quotes "$200 a panel"

Let a decent panel shop have a look at it and get a real quote

Then the buyer can choose what course of action to take - or you can take it first and factor it in to the sale price

I can guarantee a car inspected in poor condition with a promise of better, will get a much lower value than one in tip top condition

I always say - "sell them as you would like to buy them"

Gets the best result every time !!!!!!!
PANELCORP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
-RADICAL-POSTURE-
!

Well it all depends on how much you can get for a pristine 94 honda accord. ???
assuming the paint has been done... and matched to the rest of the car $3000. I know you say that the car is outerwise fine but i am sure the rest of the paint has most likely suffered some fading as well. A shiny roof may stand out and ring alarmbells against the rest of the car.

Current car 2018 Mustang GT 10r80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlHqV...yer_detailpage
-RADICAL-POSTURE- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
fos408

Default cost

I got as quote the other day for a bonnet on my saab, said I was going to keep it so they would rub it right back and need to match to the guards $800.
Also depends if they can match it in .ie a break in the panel or have to cover more of the car
fos408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANELCORP
I can guarantee a car inspected in poor condition with a promise of better, will get a much lower value than one in tip top condition

I always say - "sell them as you would like to buy them"

Gets the best result every time !!!!!!!
Which was my point. I got less for my Pulsar when sold because of the paint / panel issues. I priced it attractively to get interest and the quick sale. 3 days! Even then, several lookers were still disappointed despite the paint / panel issues being factored into the price.

A panel beaters mate bought it! Not suprising really.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post