Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Smile Bathurst Drive

Just wondering who else got the Email to come play: looks like fun but carn"t seem to find the price :
http://www.v8racebathurst.com/

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #2
4VCLEVO
XA GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Just wondering who else got the Email to come play: looks like fun but carn"t seem to find the price :
$999 to drive and $199 to ride.
Old 15-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didn't get one. They heard about my driving
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VCLEVO
pricey!

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VCLEVO
Dam that's a set of slicks for the Cortina but would make for great bragging rites
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couldn't see how many laps you get.

I know it is $300 to do 5 laps at Eastern Creek.

$999 isn't bad for Bathurst as long as you got 3 - 4 laps.
As it said it would be a once in a lifetime experience to put a prepped car around the mountain at speed.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I did this a few yrs ago and also had a few laps with JR in the Porsche. I did about 65 laps in total in my TE over 2 days. 5 sessions each day of 6-7 laps per session. Best 2 days of my life!

http://www.drivebathurst.com.au/
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #8
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
pricing and details here http://www.v8race.com/drives/
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

just do it at 12am in a brock vk then the next night in a ve gts. no need to fork out a grand
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
FPV Guru

Hi Guys,

If you are little into your MotorSport and consider the prospect of you and your cars potential - this would have to be on top of your list of things I must do before you die, surely. Stop and think about what is being offered here for just a minute. A once in a lifetime opportunity to drive Mt Panorama - I mean to say, this Bathurst I have to remind you. Yes, for a 4 lap drive is $1k, that over 25ks on one of the worlds best race circuits.

However V8Race have managed to pull this off - it is a master stroke for us to be able to drive the mountain. I went to the 12 Hour and despite the rain it was a day full of the unexpected, who mentioned rain all day, trees falling on Conrod Straight - stopping the race for 40 minutes and a rear wheel drive car chasing, passing and beating the AWD Evo's.

In the finish you walk away agreeing to one thing for sure - John Bowe cetainly has not lost anything. He showed fantastic levels of skill, patience and local knowledge to pull of a remarkable win in the BMW with The Dude and Garry Holt.

So, now there is a opportunity to go to the same mountain with John Bowe - I think that would be very special and I know plenty of people who are booked and the day can't come quick enough. Yes, I've had significant involvement with both JB and V8Race and they are undoubtably at the top of the leaders board with this style of operation.

All I can say, who wouldnt be blown away with a once in a lifetime opportunity - as Nike say, "Just do it! My information is drive and ride spots are going faster than Frosty in Abu Dhabi. Good luck if you have jagged your spot at The Mountain in March.

Cheers,

Hammo
FPV Guru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Yeah I got the email, would love to do it but havnt the cash. Definite bragging rights to whoever gives it a go.
I think I'd need a new set of pants taking Skyline at 100.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I got the email the other day. I wasn't going to do it but my beautiful wife booked it when I was at work. Isn't she nice. I got home and was greeting by the email saying that I am driving at Bathurst. : I cant wait! I did the one down at Calder a couple of years ago and it was awesome.

The most expensive one is $1799 which includes lunch and Q&A with JB, 4 Laps with you driving, 2 Ride Laps in the front seat with JB driving, In-car drive DVD, Framed Photo, V8Race Polo & Cap.

I am doing the $999 one - 4 Laps driving a V8Race car, pre-drive tuition, use of race suit and helmet, choice of Ford or Holden V8Race car and personal in-car coach.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Dam that's a set of slicks for the Cortina but would make for great bragging rites
Set of Slicks? For that money you could get a whole new Cordy
Old 22-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
FPV Guru

Hi Guys,

Well done naddis01 - you are a very lucky man. How thoughtful is your wife, now you have to find something special to do for her. You could buy here a ride with JB?? Let me know if I can help out with this one!

I thought I'd give those of you who are interested an update on the status of John Bowe's V8Race Bathurst. Last Wednesday at 9am tix went on sale to JB's Bathurst and before lunchtime all tix to JB's two sessions were completely sold out - what else would you expect!

V8Race have ride and drive options available and again my understanding is that more than 50% of these were sold by the close of business on Wednesday evening. I am waiting for an update from the Directors of V8Race this morning and I will confirm when the info comes to hand.

If you are one of the many disappointed people who missed out on one of the John Bowe's programs please drop me a note - I may be able to help out. If you are thinking of booking - the best advise is dont wait - "just do it" - it will remain a lifelong memory!

Cheers,

Hammo
FPV Guru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I just got some very disappointing news. This event looks like it will no longer be going ahead. : I couldn't wait for next week but alas it won't be happening. Lucky I hadn't booked accomodation yet.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
wonk123
Starter Motor

THere was a much better deal a few weeks ago, a mate reckons he did 50 laps over the 4 days for $800, it was a different group to thi one. THere were almost 700 cars there I think
wonk123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post