Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
lizardmech

Default Euro 3 emissions

Why are they switching to these in 2006? I have noticed a few cars won't be on sale any more or have to change engines to comply with these new rules. Wouldn't they have been better off with incentives to get people to buy new cars rather than tougher emissions laws that have forced car local car manufacturers to spend alot on upgrading localy produced engines?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

We only have one environment, but I see your point.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
Why are they switching to these in 2006? I have noticed a few cars won't be on sale any more or have to change engines to comply with these new rules. Wouldn't they have been better off with incentives to get people to buy new cars rather than tougher emissions laws that have forced car local car manufacturers to spend alot on upgrading localy produced engines?
Had to come in sooner or later, its not like the car companies haven't known about it for some time.
ford are well placed though, Holden have plenty of dilemas...
You should see the tough new building regs for building materials, buildings are going to get more expensive because you can only use so much % of products that aren't green friendly on each project.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Top down filter effect. It's already working, the average age of the national fleet has considerably lowered over the last decade. Fleets are the biggest buyers, when they're finished with these cars after 3 years they will then filter down to those that can't afford a brand new car who trade in their 6 year old car and so on and so on....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
Newer cars were'nt always kind to the enviroment. Falcons produced to the end of AUIII had a feature called lean cruise, good for your pocket but very bad for the enviroment.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #6
EL_futuraistic

I dont think any cars are good for the environment, however some using lpg or diesel might be less harmful.

We do only have one environment, and with new emiossions laws comes even better motoring technology. There will always be people who cant afford new cars, but as Des said the fleet cars are now kept for 3 years instead of 5 and in some cases (govt) even less, which is good for people who like camry's, falcons and commodores but for everyone else...... Its a "no answer" problem.

Atleast with expensive petrol, more people are taking public transport to work, which is cutting down emissions :P
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #7
rodderz

There was talk a while ago that Australian fuel would go up in octane rating to closer match Euro standards. 96RON unleaded as the standard unleaded and I think then 98 for premium and 102 for products like Optimax/Synergy/Ultimate etc, I havent heard any more on that front for a while now
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 PM   #8
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

See your point.

Question is, do we flood and chole ourselves from greehouse gases?

Do we wisen up and stop the destruction, and get cleaner?

I would like to keep my feet dry...........

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #9
lizardmech

Does anyone know what % of harmful gasses passenger cars emit compared to trucks, buses and coal powerstations used to provide electricity for public transport?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post