Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov...csPowerfulCars

Well, this is sure to kick up a storm.
This is the state where radar detectors are legal, they do have some interesting views on road issues....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #32
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Brand loyalty is a learned thing and if Falcons are not available for 3 years many young drivers are going to develop allegiances to other marques.

I suspect Maccas car parks in 2020 are going to be very fast and furious places....
The Macca's in 2020 will be full of P platers with cars they are allowed to drive (2 stroke) hanging out with their just off P plater mates with the cars they want to own the minute they can .... the car that 10 years ago they worshiped and had posters on the wall, had rave reviews, they knew someone who had one, had been driven in one, was gob smacked they first saw one, was way too expensive when new but now affordable .... or Dad had one. If that be an FPV or HSV, so be it.

Once they can get rid of their 1 person only, P plate legal, Briggs and Straton, they will be all over what ever car was on their mind 10 or many more years ago.

I only now have the car I wanted ..... 25 years after seeing one for the first time and because of the car I saw ..... I wouldn't buy anything else than Ford.

All I am really saying is that I beleive, for most, it goes alot further than the few years on P plates to form an allegiance to a marque.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #33
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Don't want "P" platers speeding? fit their cars with a GPS box that reduces or limits speed (technology exists). Dont want them doing wheelies that too is easy, make their cars have traction control and when turned off car no drive (also an existing technology). While we are making p plater specific vehicles fit them with a breath tester so they must be sober to drive (also existing technology).
Why stop with p platers?
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #34
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

......and please, stay on topic. Thread has nothing to do with P plate laws!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #35
Chopped
as in chopped

In 2020 you will be older and care less.

You will probably be happier that there are less "P" plate examples of Falcons and Commodores, you know the fully sic EB's and VN/VR's etc that we see today (giving real car enthusiasts a bad name).

Let the "P" platers go through their "hotwheels/pimp my ride" stage of what a car should look like on the little hatches.

Actually, while I'm having a rant, I do believe in years to come that the governments will tax the poo poo out of larger cars(v8/v6) so much that they will be considered a luxury to own one.

2020 will start to see second hand electric vehicles aswell (electric engines generally have a lot of instant torque/ potential for fun).

climbs off soap box and lies down.