Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Default Don't Ever Use Tyre Power Cranbourne

As the title says.....

I would never use or recommend anyone to ever go anywhere near Tyre Power Cranbourne.

My best mate recently had a wheel alignment done on his 4x4 at Tyre Power Cranbourne.

We went away camping this past weekend out Maffra way.

On the drive down there I noticed the steering wheel was at about 2 o'clock.

I asked, Whats with the Steering wheel, didnt you just have an alignment?

He said yeah about 4 weeks ago, I dont know.

After we arrived and set up camp, We noticed the wheels were pointing away from each other.

What we found when we had a look was un belivable

I had already started to retighten this befor I took the pic.
There was about 1 1/2 turns left befor this would have been totaly undone.

I hate to think what could have happend to us, either at 110 down the hwy or 4x4 around Huggetts ridge.
Not to mention he has 3 young girls that would normaly be with him.

Anyway, he took the Car back to tyrepower and wanted the alignment fixed free of charge, showed them the pic ect.
They basicly said Tough Shh!!T and No...

Personally I think it is a discrase and he should take it to the local papers

Thanks for listening/reading

Cheers.....Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

holy s#@t thats not good at all. I think some places do this knowingly or are just bloody lazy, i have had quite a few wheel alignment in pre 85 falcons and have had loose tie rod connecting bolts and sometimes 1 missing altogether. Very dangerous practises.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
GUTLES
Adam.

Damn thats not good at all, did they have a 16yo apprentice do it?

I got some new tyres a few months back from another Tyrepower, I'm always scared of them scratching my rims, etc but that was fine, after I got the car home I popped the centre caps off to check the tightness of the Wheel Nuts & found x2 missing from the front drivers side, rang them up & they didn't beleive it was true.

Won't be dealing with Tyrepower any more..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Anyway, he took the Car back to tyrepower and wanted the alignment fixed free of charge, showed them the pic ect.
They basicly said Tough Shh!!T and No...
Their response is almost as shocking as the quality of their workmanship.

If the boss took a genuine interest in the pic, showed some empathy, gave a promise that whoever was responsible would get a kick up the rear and re-did the alignment this thread may never have appeared.

And it would have cost them NOTHING to do it... Whoever manages the place is just as : as the person who layed hands on the car in the first place.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Suvo
BA Fairmont Ghia X

I find shoddy workmanship like that absolutely disgusting and scary.

If I was confronted with an issue like that it would be an instant fix, the response is completely out of order.

Thank goodness nothing went astray on the journey, then there would be more then hell to pay.
2002 BA Fairmont GHIA X, Now 230kw 3V V8 + ZF 6sp (Semi retired)
1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 Manual (Bush hack)
1992 DC LTD, 5L (Daily)
1979 ZJ Fairlane, Sno White (Gone but not forgotten)
1979 P6 LTD Town Car, Clevo goodness
Suvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Ya must have BOTH your nuts tightened !!
Or you'll wander and get into big trouble !!
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok just want eveyone to know that Tyrepowers are franchises, So not all of them are like this. I say this because I work part time at a Tyrepower, and they are not dodgey at all.
Old 16-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwon
Ok just want eveyone to know that Tyrepowers are franchises, So not all of them are like this. I say this because I work part time at a Tyrepower, and they are not dodgey at all.
Correct, the one up here is great too. Unfortunately though one franchisee can taint the rest with this sort of disgraceful workmanship and the even worse attitude displayed when it was brought to their attention. Knowing Kev I know that unless he really feels it was terrible he would never make a thread like this, he a pretty easy going bloke and would have given them a chance to clear it all up.

Not good at all Kev, glad nothing did happen. Lucky your a bloody pedantic and fussy bugger hey!
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is there some governing body/ombudsman sort of entity that joints like this can be reported to? Some poor bastard is going to go to these clowns and get the same thing and he's going to lose it at 110kph and kill a whole bunch of people.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have also had poor service years ago from the same business.
In my case it was a lock nut tightened with a rattle gun which the owner denied.
Too bad the waiting room was about 10 feet from where the car was.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had shonky service from the Sunshine, Vic store years ago. I was getting an alignment done at BTC/Donnellans in Oakleigh (always been happy with their work on multiple occasions) and they spotted 2 impact bulges on the inside of a tyre. Still under RWC as I just got it, so went to see the issuing mechanic and he sent me to Tyrepower. Had a Falken tyre on it and they were going to replace it. Got it done, got home and had a closer look. Same brand, same model number - different speed rating. Had 3x V rated tyres and 1 new H rated one. Rang up and the guy was trying to fob me off telling me there's not much difference (only 40% higher price!). They then took a few days trying to "find the old one" to check and then I did get a new tyre. Took me 3 trips across town to do it.
A good tyre outlet wouldn't put 2 different tyres on the fronts as we've all been told it's a no-no mixing them. I am certain either the mechanic and/or Tyrepower knowingly specified the cheaper tyre.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #12
Martys-Bionic-XR

Ive had nothing but great experiences from my local tyre power in ipswich. I got some rims for my liberty, they beat $20 per rim and $15 per tyre from bob jane. going in late next week for a re-balance/alignment/rotation.

Marty.
Martys-Bionic-XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #13
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Send a letter with pics to the head office. Explain the situation and infrom them of the responce it met with.
Best let them know what kind of work their franchisees are doing to their name.

http://www.tyrepower.com.au/contact.aspx
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #14
torbirdie

Not all tyrepower stores are alike, and the good ones shouldnt be punished by those that do the right thing? But being in a franchise is all about using the established good reputation of an outfit and better buying power, work practices etc

My thoughts: franchisees of these stores should have thought about the consequences of another tyrepower store doing the wrong thing before getting into it.

If the organisation that licences/controls the franchisees is ineffective in making sure all stores maintain high standards, then you've made a bad business decision going with that company. Sell up and minimise your losses and take up a business in your own name
torbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #15
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is up to corporate Tyrepower to deal with it now in my opinion. If they deal with the issue, great. If not, the reputation of the whole chain will suffer. And make it legal too.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 08:16 AM   #16
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Knowing Kev I know that unless he really feels it was terrible he would never make a thread like this, he a pretty easy going bloke and would have given them a chance to clear it all up.

Not good at all Kev, glad nothing did happen. Lucky your a bloody pedantic and fussy bugger hey!
I was thinking the same

it takes a heap of crap to get Kev worked up

glad to see nothing happened while you were traveling in the car Kev as others have stated may be an e-mail with the pic to the franchise head office and see how you get on

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #17
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also amazing that they don't understand, 1 bad incident, and now people all over the country will know about it.

Classic case of only thinking in the short term (or not thinking @ all)
Old 17-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #18
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try living in Hervey Bay, 80% of bussiness's think like the Cranbourne Tyrepower
ie. customer is always wrong
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #19
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should not have too but..... know your car, check other peoples work, and fix it yourself if you can. It is a far too common occurance of shoddy workmanship going on these days and you will find it everywhere. One would hope that any oversight would be taken seriously and you would be compensated for it accordanly.
I have had many things not done right over the years on my cars and it has taken a long time for me to find workshops that I trust and treat me with the respect I deserve.
list of shoddy work in the last 3 years: loose front suspension components, heater hoses rubbing on pully resulting in engine failure, idle speed set at 1700 rpm, wheel alignment not done when that was all it was in for, $1600 quoted for air con repair when the mob around the corner did it for $350, compression test done when engine cold, full service not carried out when requested, flywheel not machined when clutch replaced when inital problem was clutch shudder and machining was requested....still shuddered, wrong parts supplied on 3 occasions for the same job, brand new warped front leaf springs 0km old, radiator blocked after apparently pulled appart and rodded, quite visable repair to windscreen, new tint to windows bubbled and mess not cleaned up after job.

WHY HAVE I LOST FAITH IN THE AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR INDUSTRY ?
Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #20
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
Try living in Hervey Bay, 80% of bussiness's think like the Cranbourne Tyrepower
ie. customer is always wrong
hahaha... Funny you say that.

My parents just recently moved there - Craignish to be exact - and my mum has already made enemies of a few of the local businesses. All because the world has a basic level of service, and in that area they take 2 steps back from that basic level.

Booking a day for work to be done means that day plus or minus 4 days. Overly expensive and hard to deal with. They are feeling all the poorer for it.

I drove up there in May and had to visit the local Ford dealer for some help. Would have a bar of me and didn't care to help. Even though I was throwing a couple of thousand $$$ of warranty and service work at them. Service manager of both local dealerships were dicks!

Dad is waiting for me to visit again in December for me to fix the niggles with his car rather than take it somewhere local. He feel's that put out by pricing and service, he'd rather wait 3 months for a fix.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Kev, that is disgusting! Tell Tyrepower corporate that you're going to go to Consumer Affairs unless something is done about it immediately and a full refund and apology given.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #22
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is truly terrible that a vehicle left any service center like this. I am glad to hear that the vehicle didn't fail and kill people, mechanics must realize that people place their lives in these machines, do dodgey stuff and people die as a result, not something I would want on my conscience.

I am thankful that you guys that had this car realized that there was clearly something wrong with it and investigated - I would hate to think what we would be reading if the vehicle was in the hands of somebody that knows nothing about cars.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #23
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With a response like that from the franchisee I guess he wants out of the tyre game......Success in business is a lot about reputation.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #24
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have had crap experience from a Tyrepower outlet down here with both my cars.

Bloody hopeless although not safety related.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #25
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

I did have to think about putting a post like this up, as its not something I would normally do.
We all know the brown stuff happens.

No real damage was done (lil bit of tyre scrub on new tyres) and no one was hurt.
We tend to get over it or deal with it and move on.

It could have been fixed and no one would be any the wiser.

Not now after the way they wanted nothing to do with it and basicly said bad luck.

And the stupid question what were you doing for that to happen???

What do you bloody think we were doing.
Testing to see how long it would take to fall apart after we loosened the lock nut...

Its not like a part has failed,
It wasn't bloody well tightened properly during the alignment.

I better shut up now....Im getting worked up again.

Anyway, Im sorry if this hurts other Tyre Power outlets as thats not my aim.

Cheers and thanks for your time all...

Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT