Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
Coupes and More
Formerly HAMFIST

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The work he does and the quality for his age is inspiring. keeps me always looking at his thread and a lot of people seem to get a better understanding on how to do things and what can be saved by his photo full threads 
Default defected rego SA

My bro (xbrules) has to get his coupe registered so it can go to echuca. story so far: car was registered as KILLA B and was defected five or six yrs ago the KILLA B plates are now on another registered car in SA somewere. what do we have to do to get it registerd????

Coupes and More is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

has he called regency yet? or motor reg?
Old 21-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get it up to RW standard and go get your RWC and register it
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Need_a_V8

Get the defect cleared so you can register it.

You will have to go through Regency Park though as it has been unregistered on defect for over 12 months regardless of whether it was a cop shop defect or not in the first place.

If the defect sticker is not on the vehicle, expect a fine also as that is an offence for it to be removed by anyone other than a police officer or vehicle inspector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
Get it up to RW standard and go get your RWC and register it
SA. We do not have RWC.
Need_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

and hope the defect wasn't for rust. if it was, and thats recorded on their files, they will want to see the unpainted repairs. And photo's don't suffice, they want to see the steel repairs in person..
so as i told dave several times, call TSA and try and find out what the defect was actually for
Old 21-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Coupes and More
Formerly HAMFIST

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The work he does and the quality for his age is inspiring. keeps me always looking at his thread and a lot of people seem to get a better understanding on how to do things and what can be saved by his photo full threads 

I bring News that is uber cool, dave has rung regency today and they tell him there is no history of the coupes chasis number on file, no history of any defects and the plates that were on it were traced as far back as 1998 belong to a blue and white XB sedan. Phew!!!! they reckon dave should be able to do an number's check and go!!!!
Coupes and More is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
PALE ALE

Just walk in to the rego office with your rego papers and try and register it. When they type up the info on the screen, they will say that KILLA B is registered in another name. Tell them that you sold them plates 5 or 6 years ago, and the car has been sitting in your shed for that time and I want to register it
My mate had a ZC fairlane that was defected for being too low, it sat in his shed for 5 years, a cop that played footy with him, told him that the defect and record of the car would have been wiped from the computer by now and to just walk in with his papers and rego it, it worked. Apparently when your car has been out of rego for X amount of time their computer automatically spits out a form, which is posted to you, telling you that they have noticed that your car has been out of reg, and that if you have disposed of the car to hand the plates in, the computer wipes it
The only hang up I can see is that you have no plates on the car, but it is still worth a try, before you go anywhere near regency
PALE ALE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #8
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
Just walk in to the rego office with your rego papers and try and register it. When they type up the info on the screen, they will say that KILLA B is registered in another name. Tell them that you sold them plates 5 or 6 years ago, and the car has been sitting in your shed for that time and I want to register it
My mate had a ZC fairlane that was defected for being too low, it sat in his shed for 5 years, a cop that played footy with him, told him that the defect and record of the car would have been wiped from the computer by now and to just walk in with his papers and rego it, it worked. Apparently when your car has been out of rego for X amount of time their computer automatically spits out a form, which is posted to you, telling you that they have noticed that your car has been out of reg, and that if you have disposed of the car to hand the plates in, the computer wipes it
The only hang up I can see is that you have no plates on the car, but it is still worth a try, before you go anywhere near regency
If this is true, its VERY good to know.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
46302ute
gunna get there

Default new rego

apply for new reg as plates lost/removed using engine number of new motor and the chassis number as it wont be on file and original plate as unknown.
good luck (dont mention the defect)
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE ALE
this sounds right ,i had a rz 250 i bought was defected years ago , i went to register it and to my suprise i got it,as for no plates thats no big deal they will give u new ones for a fee ,if u have to go to regency make sure the car is bog stock,make sure every thing works (as stated rust could be aproblem), suck it and see not much else you can do

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
46302ute
gunna get there

need to find out the original plate number..... before it was killa b that wont be defected!

CARS..... 1972 XA GT Pepper Red Coupe RED.351 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/243992723478137/)
CARS..... 1973 XA GT Yellow glow sedan
CARS..... 1972 XA sedan
1969 F100 AMBO (must go)
1970 XW Station Wagon (sold)
1946 hot rod UTE
1989 MAVERICK WAGON (mine)
1990 MAVERICK WAGON (hers now sold)
Currently drive a FG xr6 and Mrs has a BF xr6 ute
46302ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post