Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Selling on Ebay. Help?

Guys

not another ebay whinge thread, but rather I am in need of help from those who have sold stuff on there before.

I put 2 guitars (listed as 1 item) on there yesterday, with a starting price and a buy it now price, listed pickup only as the postage options but also put in the item description that if the buyer wants to organise freight no worries. The items actually sold within 1 hr (yay) but the buyer is from the USA and I highly doubt anybody would pay to send guitars from AU to USA - it'd cost probably as much as what they sold for.

I have emailed the buyer and asked for clarification as to what they want to do about shipping and whether they realise that I'm over here (and so are the guitars) but haven't heard anything yet. My gut feeling is that I'm being had - the buyer only has 2 feedback points and I just dont see why they would be buying them from another country, but Im a little unsure as to what my rights as a seller are, and how to proceed. It's only been 24 hrs since I emailed them so I will give it a bit longer, but do I have the right to relist the item and sell it to someone here, or should I wait and see what these people want to do? Any thoughts?

Old 14-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
*Sloxr6*
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi mate I think the time before you can open a dispute about your item is 2 weeks because they have to give the buyer proper time to respond.

After that 2 weeks you will be able to relist the item again with no cost to you.

I wouldn't be holding my breath about him coming through with the buy but give it awhile longer and see you never know he might really want them.
*Sloxr6* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
marquis 78

Gday,
I have a gut feeling this sale will not go ahead. You can cancel the bid. May I ask if the guitars were of good quality "expensive"? I had a fool bid on stuff with no feedback or transactions under his belt. He tried to tell me he had paid, but I didn't receive the money. He then told me it was my problem and that I should send the item. He is a crook. This fool was rude and I just know he has ebay experience. I think he is a loser and gets bad feedback so he hides under a new ebay identity until somewhere down the line, he starts again.

Be wary of new ebayers.
marquis 78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

I had this issue when selling some car parts. I gave him about a week then sent him an email and said if you dont get them in the couple of days you miss out. Never heard anything else from them and ended up selling it on here.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post