Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #31
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No new rego for over 9 years? i reckon its been stored or parted out
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #32
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Sounds like you're going to get a letter with your own details on it..... which is probably why they're releasing the details.
Yep, but at least I have the rego number now and I will at least get the vehicle details VIN etc. Now I just need to contact the guy I sold it to originally, might send him a letter.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #33
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Is the car currently registered? or was it last registered in your name...? BIG difference.. if its still currently registered it sounds like a minefield unless there's clear proof of the sale and ownership.
Nope, car hasn't been registered since September 2000 which is what I'm worried about :-(

Live, Love, RACE

Quote:
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.

Last edited by GTENVY; 11-06-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #34
73gscoupe

time for a trip to see your friend in gaol.

The fact it hasnt been re-registered means its probably sitting in storage somewhere awaiting retoration... or its been recycled into beer cans. 9 years ago? its 50/50 i reckon.
73gscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #35
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY
Ok guys, time to spill the beans. I received a call from the Registrar of motor vehicles today, they are able to release the info I have requested and I will receive it in writing next week. Now the car, 1975 Ford XB falcon 500 coupe, rego number DO6025. I've hit a snag though, the car is still registered in my name, the person I sold it to and then they on sold it have never transferred it into their name. This is gonna be a tough one me things.....
If the Car is still Registered in your name, why haven't you been recieving the renewals for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if its still in your name its your car lol
mrghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #37
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

In NSW you can legally track a car via the Freedom Of Information Act, (FOI) through the RTA. The cost is $35 (IIRC) and a 2 month wait. The records only date back to 1982 though. I did this about 6 months ago to tack an engine number for a particular chassis.
Mesa is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #38
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
If the Car is still Registered in your name, why haven't you been recieving the renewals for it?
That's a bloody good question. The registered address was my folks house and they were still living there up until acouple of months ago. Not sure what the go is.

Live, Love, RACE

Quote:
Old 13-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #39
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingy351
In NSW you can legally track a car via the Freedom Of Information Act, (FOI) through the RTA. The cost is $35 (IIRC) and a 2 month wait. The records only date back to 1982 though. I did this about 6 months ago to tack an engine number for a particular chassis.
Problem is transport still think I have it - I wish!!!!

Live, Love, RACE

Quote:
Old 21-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #40
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well guys, got the bad news this afternoon. Spoke to the guys girlfriend today, she went a saw him in prison this morning and he confirmed the car is no longer. Was chopped for its rear quarters, tail light section and roof. Oh well at least I know what happen to her :-(

Live, Love, RACE

Quote:
Old 21-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
yetchh
go bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY
Well guys, got the bad news this afternoon. Spoke to the guys girlfriend today, she went a saw him in prison this morning and he confirmed the car is no longer. Was chopped for its rear quarters, tail light section and roof. Oh well at least I know what happen to her :-(

bugger.. that sucks bro.. i sold a mint 76 929 station wagon once, fully regretted it, a year later i was in a wrecking yard and saw it completely smashed up.. bit gutted
1977 RX4/929 coupe in epoxy finally
1976 121 Cosmo 2l turbo
yetchh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post