Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #61
Redmund
Banned

Good 1 GTP006. I'm all for plugging holes with cork
Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #62
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got no problems spending money to stimulate the economy.. but make sure its spent on things that will remain assets of the country and stimulate employment here like local essential services and infrastructure...
This "handout" will get flushed out to sea, puffed into the air or transferred off shore it return for foreign made imported goods.
Then everyone of us will have to pay it back over time with interest.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #63
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
no one has any of this payment yet. the payments that have been handed out already are the ones associated with family tax benefit.

the one in doubt is the one for all workers earning under 80 or 100K i think.
Wrong. Sister in law has received her $900 and spent it already.

Friends wife also received hers.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #64
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
Wrong. Sister in law has received her $900 and spent it already.

Friends wife also received hers.
but what one did they get

remember there has already been 2 paid that are not related to the one this guy is fighting

the ones i have received are the back to school of $950 and a single income for families of $900 they were both dependent on getting family assist it had nothing to do with the amount you paid or received from from the tax department

i know the ones that i got were all dependent on the family TAX benefit

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #65
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimus
but what one did they get

remember there has already been 2 paid that are not related to the one this guy is fighting

the ones i have received are the back to school of $950 and a single income for families of $900 they were both dependent on getting family assist it had nothing to do with the amount you paid or received from from the tax department

i know the ones that i got were all dependent on the family TAX benefit

Jason
We got the same money for the kids and single income for families, last week I think it went into the bank. Is this money part of the 42 million
Old 01-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #66
Pursuit250
Neglecting the P250

A bit of an update in the situation.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/090401/2/25igf.html

AUIII XR8 Pursuit 250
241 RWKW with Advance Headers, Twin 2.5" Exhaust, G&D CAI, Walbro Pump, Crow Cam, Custom Tune
Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #67
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
I hope the High Court finds in favour of the Professor. I'm sick of this country believing that the money they are given from the Government somehow comes from a magical place. Now that we have a huge deficit you and your children will be paying all of this money back for years to come, with interest.

We're in recession, we now have a huge deficit, unemployment is rising and yet with all this Kevin Rudd is our favourite Prime Minister? This country is stuffed.

The guy who wrote this should be PM :sm_headba
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #68
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Sounds like a great beat up to drive newspaper sales or drive traffic to a news site to me.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #69
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
I find it staggering that people can say "lets just spend $42,000,000,000.00 and see what happens" or further, people can be so upset by the prospect of not getting something that they haven't earned and would not normally be entitled to in the face of massive job losses.
There is not $42bn in $900 handouts to tax payers.
The handouts make up for $12.7bn in TOTAL (the $900 and $950 payments).

There is plenty more to the $42bn that is yet to roll out.

From http://www.economicstimulusplan.gov.au/theplan.htm ...

In getting on with the job, the Australian Government is funding:
  • A new 21st century school library, multipurpose hall, or classroom modernisation for each primary school in Australia.
  • New science labs or language centres for 500 secondary schools.
  • Grants of up to $200,000 for individual school communities to fund much-needed maintenance.
  • Ceiling insulation for around 2.7 million Australian homes.
  • Increased rebates for solar and heat pump hot water systems.
  • 20,000 new social housing dwellings.
  • 802 new houses for the Australian Defence Force.
  • Urgent maintenance to upgrade around 2,500 vacant social houses.
  • An additional 30 per cent tax deduction for small and general businesses buying eligible assets.
  • 350 additional projects in the Black Spot Program
  • Installation of around 200 new boom gates at high risk rail crossings.
  • $650 million funding boost for local community infrastructure and maintenance on Australia’s national highways.
  • One off cash payments to eligible families, single workers, students, drought affected farmers and others.
  • If you earned less than $100,000 in the 2007-08 financial year and paid tax you could be eligible for a tax bonus payment of up to $900.
Go check out the rest of the stuff this $42bn is going towards. There's a lot more than what's made out on just about every online forum that's full of expert economic analysts.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #70
Scott

^^ I understand that, but the package is $42b and that is therefore the size of the money at stake by a Government that seems clueless.

Add the ~$12b from this one with the last one of $10b (most of which was hand-outs) and we find the staggering sum of ~$22b just given away with seemingly scant regard for where it will go notwithstanding the first homeowners grant changes.

It seems that any help the government tries to give to first home buyers will be purely an excercise in paper pushing though with the banks now [finally] pulling away from 100% loans.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #71
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish Ford Forums ran this country because then we would all be super dandy.......

Whatever happened to political threads being locked?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #72
MAD
Petro-sexual

I get the point that you think it is a pointless exercise to hand out all this money, but there a many leading organisations that agree this is the way to go. Given, their acceptance may well be based on the situation that everyone will SPEND the money, not save it or pay off debt with it.
But then paying off debt isnt always going to be bad in this situation, if someone pays off $900 owing on their credit card, they are then more likely to add to the credit card again.

There are far too many what if's to go round doubting the current action, or spouting the solution. (this is not directed at anyone)
Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #73
XWGT